Thread: DS FF III vs FF V

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Default DS FF III vs FF V

For those who have played both, what are the pros and cons of each? I can't decide which one to get....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, FFV Advance is basically just a rerelease of the original FF5 with a couple new jobs and some other extra things that I forget. If you haven't played the original, it's pretty fun. It heavily relies on the job system (much like FF3 or FFT), but if you have played it before, then you'll know what to expect.

FF3 is not just a port with a few extra things. It's a complete overhaul of the original game, with really sexy 3D graphics. Looks very good for a DS game, and this is the first official English release of FF3. The original FF3 can only be played in English via a translated rom. It's a lot of fun, and you can even get some extra items and whatnot by trading mail with friends via WiFi.

I would say, they're both quality games, and I enjoy them both a lot. If you don't already own FF5, then I say get both games if you can. If you already own FF5 on Playstation or something, then you might want to go for buying FF3, since FF5 is mostly the same as previous versions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

After looking at screenshots of FFV, it's hard to believe that VI came right after it. I mean, FFVI is so beautiful and FFV seems graphically on par with FFII (American--is that FFIV Jp?). Why is there such a difference do you think? Or was I just looking at bad screenshots of FFV?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I think that's pretty accurate. FFV definitely looks closer to FFIV than FFVI in the graphics department. I'm not sure why that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't care if FF V doesn't look as great as FF VI, it's my favorite one in the series. I'd suggest getting the FF III for DS and Anthology for PSone.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have FF3, and it is a great old school RPG. However, it is not as good as the snes offerings. It lacks much of a storyline, and many of the enemies are very cheap (getting hit by two consecutive magic spells meets certain doom).
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got them both - but I haven't touched FFV yet. I'm trying to blow through FF III first.

FF III seems a little ... boring. The story so far is pretty thin. It's very old school, but seems to lack the charm of FF1 (maybe it's because I've got no nostalgia attached).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, the remake has more story than the orignal does, actually. Although the story gets better once you get to the surface world.

I definitely like FF3 more than FF1, which I can't sit through without being bored to tears. We all have our favorite FFs, and every installment of the series has their diehard fans. Likewise, every installment of the series has its detractors. I think that's why you just have to play them all for yourself and see which ones appeal to you the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final fantasy 5 defianley is my favorite ff , its the lease repetive of the games (even if it is turn based). Mainly the reason why it is , is cause of its mastered class based system.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still finishing "Dawn of Souls", lol.

I suppose I'll play FFIII directly after that, although I was thinking of playing IV and V on GBA and then going back and doing the DS game.