Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: March 2007 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the immortal words of Ice Cube, "Today was a good day."

First off, thanks be to Kitsune for mentioning the 75% off EB/GS sale or else I wouldn't have known about it, or when I did, I probably wouldn't have gotten what I did.

I started off my afternoon by hitting the local Gamestop where I'd pulled a handful of games two weeks ago during the B1G1 (Tetrisphere and wrestling games mainly), and given the price drop, picked up a number of promising-looking games. Nothing earth-shattering here... two copies of Goldeneye for friends, Cruisin' USA, Wipeout 3, various and sundry sports titles and such to pad the collection... total = 34 games, $22.55

And oh by the way, for those who do have any stores which might stock games, with the card, it's 85% off because it takes 75% AND 10% off the listed price.

Then I drove over to the Punxsutawney EB (yes, the home of the infamous groundhog), and let me tell you, non-mall EBs in the middle of nowhere can be gold mines. Well... at least they were, I guess...

Granted, the N64 titles were all cart only, and most of the PS1 games were disc only, (I don't usually buy disc only but for this price, I couldn't pass it up), but here's some of the highlights:

3X Chrono Cross -- $2.70 each
    2X Parasite Eve -- $1.95 each
    1X ISS '98 (N64) -- $1.20
    1X Persona 2 and Rhapsody (complete) -- $4.50 and $3... for trades, but there's only 3 more of each that I left behind
    2X Breath of Fire IV -- $4.50 each
    2X Suikoden (one of which is complete and very mint) -- $4.50 each

The employee's reaction and the look on his face alone were worth whatever I paid for the games.

"Um... $65.26. That's not a bad price. You know you had over $400 worth of stuff there?"
    "I know."
    "There's some good games here, too." (looking at Suikoden) "This is one of the best games ever!"
    "Yeah, I know. You had two of them back there." (me leaving the store, still incredulous to the fact that the employees hadn't raided the shelf)

Today's final tally -- 34 N64 games, 36 PS1 games, $552.50 before discounts, $87.81 after

For what it's worth, the extras are certainly up for trade. I know they're disc only, but I'm more than willing to pass the savings along.
    Last edited by jcheatle; 03-31-2007 at 03:52 PM.
    606 NES games and counting... climbing the hill slowly since 1989.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm thinking of scooping up all the remaining inventory in the Mall store sometime in the next week or two. I'm not sure if they'll still be there, but if they decide to do another 75% off sale, I'm gonna buy an Edge card and rape the place. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.collection's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found 2 sealed copies of R-Type DX for GBC $6 each so if some one wanted them tell me, I really want to play the game but I don't want to open them. They have dents in them and there are holes in the wrapper so it wouldn't be to harm full to *GASP* open them.
    Feedback
    Don't think of me as a youngn' just a collector that learned his basics from a Pico.
    I just like that tingling feeling in my eyeballs when I play VB.
    I am looking for a Mini Neo Geo 2- slot 13".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked this up for $5 at a thrift store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Opening day of garage sale season wasn't as great as I had hoped. I found nothing until the very last sale.

$10 for everything.
    The guy selling it said he had the Genesis too, but someone bought it earlier. I have a feeling it was a mint CIB system judging by the condition of this stuff.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regarding the history of Namco, I looked it up at Wikipedia and found this paragraph about their beginnings:

Namco was founded in Tokyo in 1955, by Masaya Nakamura under the name Nakamura Manufacturing Ltd. It began by producing mechanical rocking-horses and similar children's rides, which were installed in a number of department stores in Yokohama and Nihonbashi. It continued this line of production through the 1960s, and expanded with the addition of rides modeled after Walt Disney characters in 1966.
    And that's the way it is...as Walter Cronkite used to say.

I decided to go through these "Finds" threads for this first quarter of the year to see what games I listed...unless I neglected to mention any, I have gotten exactly 52 video games this year which already over twice the number I bought last year. I still have 3 more coming: SSX 3, The Sims 2: Pets and Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Oops, make that 4...I just remembered Battalion Wars.
    Last edited by Rogmeister; 03-31-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally got myself a set of the GCN component cables. No more RE4 and Zelda TP in 480i for me, no sir.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Massive Flea Market..5 Isles of Crap..(other isles is new stuff)

5 Isles of crap and hardly no games..

I dug deep,got there early-spent hours there and didn't find any Nintendo's or Super Nintendo's.

Saw an Xbox for $50.00,Saturn-$30.00,N64 with a few games $30.00
    Loose N64s $20.00-15.00..three whopping loose Gennys.
    Common NES games $7.00 each,RF switches $5,NES controllers $5
    Atari 2600 with games,in one of those lidded cases ..$50.00(I just had to check on the games,all commons)
    Loose deck Atari 5200 with purple cover over the chrome front..I didn't even ask as can't even sell them for $10.00

Found a box filled with Xbox,GC,PS2 games....After looking all day it felt a to be a kind of relief.
    Prices were $10.00 each.
    I grab the games I don't own)
    Metal Gear Sold 3 Snake Eater PS2
    The Spongebob squarepants Movie Game PS2(for my Son)
    Full Metal Alchemist atba PS2
    When I grab Full Metal Alchemist I notice it's still sealed..Oh no I think,I know the guys going to jump the price on it now.
    I walk up to pay and place the games down on the floor,hand him the $30.00 and he picks up the games and sorts through the three.
    He notices Full Metal Alchemist is sealed and says,no this one is $20.00(DAMN IT!!)I didn't argue but I tell him,well you said $10.00 .. .at first..He then goes $15.00 so I take it.
    I don't know if I got a good deal or not but the game looks cool,though I may never open it..

Ran into a lady with a pile of Xbox,GC,PS2,PS games
    $3.00 each..
    Viewtiful Joe 2 GC
    Bomberman Jetters GC
    Jimmy Neutron GC
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai PS2
    Test Drive PS2
    Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero PS2
    NBA Live 2003 PS2
    ESPN 2K5 Xbox

Spiderman PS
    Rugrats Studio Tour PS
    Croc PS
    Power Rangers Time Force PS
    Ape Escape
    Digimon Rumble Arena PS

Instead of just adding it all up I just gave her $40.00 for the bunch/took the whole pile..(came out to 42.00

Bought two Xbox Controllers for $7.00 both.
    Mario Kart 64 $5.00
    Air Tank..I've been wanting one of these for use at the track with my pocketbikes but I didn't want to spend the store price...Got this one filled with FREE AIR for $15.00
    My Dad got a Black one for $10.00
    Strap $5.00(for my Pocketbikes
    Tape $1.00 each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to another location of the thrift store chain where I bought a Vectrex yesterday, hoping that they might have gotten some games or a controller. Nope. The only things I bought were War Room for the Colecovision (loose) for $1.99, and Epyx Street Sports: Football for the C64, which turned out to have Super Action Football for the Colecovision inside the box, for 99¢. I also found Impact Racing (PAL version) for the Saturn there, but naturally the disc was missing.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    What's the condition of the items? I've been looking at the site for a little while, they have some good PS1 games there for cheap! But I'm a bit scared about their condition...

Anyway, I went to the other Gamestop in my area and bought Breath of Fire IV for $8.50. I have officially cleared out all good PS1 games in my area... unless I want to go back for those ten or fifteen disc-only copies of Final Fantasy Tactics at the other Gamestop or something. :P
    Secondspin.com is really good the games are all complete and come scratch free. I would recommend getting some of the games, but don't dry the well I plan to get more from there.

And congrats on picking up Breath of Fire IV I missed grabbing that one from my Gamestop, but I have cleaned it out of all complete games that I did not have.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcheatle View Post
    In the immortal words of Ice Cube, "Today was a good day."

First off, thanks be to Kitsune for mentioning the 75% off EB/GS sale or else I wouldn't have known about it, or when I did, I probably wouldn't have gotten what I did.

I started off my afternoon by hitting the local Gamestop where I'd pulled a handful of games two weeks ago during the B1G1 (Tetrisphere and wrestling games mainly), and given the price drop, picked up a number of promising-looking games. Nothing earth-shattering here... two copies of Goldeneye for friends, Cruisin' USA, Wipeout 3, various and sundry sports titles and such to pad the collection... total = 34 games, $22.55

And oh by the way, for those who do have any stores which might stock games, with the card, it's 85% off because it takes 75% AND 10% off the listed price.

Then I drove over to the Punxsutawney EB (yes, the home of the infamous groundhog), and let me tell you, non-mall EBs in the middle of nowhere can be gold mines. Well... at least they were, I guess...

Granted, the N64 titles were all cart only, and most of the PS1 games were disc only, (I don't usually buy disc only but for this price, I couldn't pass it up), but here's some of the highlights:

3X Chrono Cross -- $2.70 each
    2X Parasite Eve -- $1.95 each
    1X ISS '98 (N64) -- $1.20
    1X Persona 2 and Rhapsody (complete) -- $4.50 and $3... for trades, but there's only 3 more of each that I left behind
    2X Breath of Fire IV -- $4.50 each
    2X Suikoden (one of which is complete and very mint) -- $4.50 each

The employee's reaction and the look on his face alone were worth whatever I paid for the games.

"Um... $65.26. That's not a bad price. You know you had over $400 worth of stuff there?"
    "I know."
    "There's some good games here, too." (looking at Suikoden) "This is one of the best games ever!"
    "Yeah, I know. You had two of them back there." (me leaving the store, still incredulous to the fact that the employees hadn't raided the shelf)

Today's final tally -- 34 N64 games, 36 PS1 games, $552.50 before discounts, $87.81 after

For what it's worth, the extras are certainly up for trade. I know they're disc only, but I'm more than willing to pass the savings along.

I will take a copy of Breath of Fire of you if you will let it go for a fair price. Matter of fact send me a list of what you have up for sale on the PSone and I might snag quite a few of them.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by theshizzle3000 View Post
    Secondspin.com is really good the games are all complete and come scratch free. I would recommend getting some of the games, but don't dry the well I plan to get more from there.

And congrats on picking up Breath of Fire IV I missed grabbing that one from my Gamestop, but I have cleaned it out of all complete games that I did not have.
    Heheh. You realize that there's a 25% off sale going on right now? *cackles*

Seriously though, I'm only looking for some of the "Collector's Series" three-paks. Down here they're worth over forty bucks because the store owners break them up and sell each game individually. Blargh.

Edit:
    Never mind, the site ran out of everything I wanted. >_<
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 03-31-2007 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0) WSUCougars's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My wife and I stopped by a new Value Village in Seattle after breakfast this morning, and found this little guy: $2.99
    Last edited by WSUCougars; 04-11-2007 at 09:50 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Had to work at my dad's shop all day so no big finds as usual for my Saturday afternoon. I did stop by Game Crazy and picked up:

Mad Dash, Xbox, Complete
    Freaky Flyers, Xbox, Complete
    Blinx, Xbox, Complete

3 for $10

They had a Ken Griffey Jr. Winning Run Not for Resale Cart for $4.99, but the top of the label was torn off so I did not pick it up.

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the mail over the weekend

DS
    Gunpey
    Castlevania POR
    Wario master of disguise
    Lunar Dragon song
    Hotel Dusk

NES
    Startropics 2
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WSUCougars View Post
    My wife and I stopped by a new Value Village in Seattle after breakfast this morning, and found this little guy: $2.99
    I bet you could sell that on ebay and make some $ for it.

I've notice collectors have a thing for nintendo game&watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Compared to the glorious bonanza of February, March was a fairly light month in comparison. However, I DID snag Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 on the 31st, and it is truly good. Now I own all of the MS Neo Geo releases on a single disc; true whootage.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp