Thread: Anyone know any good Classic PC forums to sell PC Games

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone know any good Classic PC forums to sell PC Games

Hey guys, I have been running into a bunch of PC games recently and don't really want them but couldn't pass up on them. Anyone know of any good sites for Classic PC games.

I have some like Secret of Monkey Island, Willy Beamish, Quest for Glory games, Kings Quest IV, Sim Earth, Where in America's Past is Carmen Sandiego, X-com UFO defense, Warcraft II battlechest, original Baldur's gate, 7th Quest, and some others.

They are all boxed and most are complete but I don't know of any good places to go with them.

Thanks
    Jeff

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    Hey guys, I have been running into a bunch of PC games recently and don't really want them but couldn't pass up on them. Anyone know of any good sites for Classic PC games.

I have some like Secret of Monkey Island, Willy Beamish, Quest for Glory games, Kings Quest IV, Sim Earth, Where in America's Past is Carmen Sandiego, X-com UFO defense, Warcraft II battlechest, original Baldur's gate, 7th Quest, and some others.

They are all boxed and most are complete but I don't know of any good places to go with them.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Monkey Island and Warcraft II Battlechest go for a LOT of money on eBay. If you have several Quest for Glory games, selling those in a lot may be a good thing to do. And certain versions of the King's Quest games are more valuable than others.

Unfortunately, the Carmen Sandiego and 7th Guest games are quite common. (Except 7th Guest with a video tape, but that's a rather rare variant.) I'm sorry I couldn't help you more than that. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've wondered this too. This last summer I picked up a couple of big boxes of PC games, RPG stuff, RPG related DVD's, etc. from a sale at a really nice estate. Apparently the family was moving and was ditching all but the essentials. Now I don't really have to time or inclination to play this stuff, I'm more into coin-ops and consoles. Here's a few links to some pictures.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...7/pc_rpg_1.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...7/pc_rpg_2.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...7/pc_rpg_3.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...7/RPG_DVDs.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...e_PC_games.jpg

I was really suprised to see this much stuff from mostly one find. It shows that you never know what you'll come across in the wild.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the bad news cd only games and with jewel don't seem to be worht much, that last picture was nice though.

Escape from Monkey Island
    This version will probably fetch you good money

I have found a bunch of PC stuff at a local yard sale type place that pretty much sells off people's estate sales for them.

I found Ultima Trilogy for C64 complete and mint about 2 weeks ago, and in the past month or so I have found some vic-20 stuff, more c64 stuff, and some other pc related stuff. Can't beat the ladies prices too. I got Ultima trilogy for $1 and sold it for $47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Escape from Monkey Island
    This version will probably fetch you good money
    Thanks jeffg. Yeah the kicker is that Escape from Monkey Island is one of the few games out of that lot that is spoken for. I've had it put aside for a local collector for a while now.

That's an awesome score with the Ultima Trilogy. I've also picked up Ultima IV for the Amiga...that's the super deluxe boxed version that includes the cool cloth map, books, metal trinket, etc. Talk about getting extra....those Ultima's were awesome before you ever slipped the disks in the drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Technosis View Post
    Thanks jeffg. Yeah the kicker is that Escape from Monkey Island is one of the few games out of that lot that is spoken for. I've had it put aside for a local collector for a while now.

That's an awesome score with the Ultima Trilogy. I've also picked up Ultima IV for the Amiga...that's the super deluxe boxed version that includes the cool cloth map, books, metal trinket, etc. Talk about getting extra....those Ultima's were awesome before you ever slipped the disks in the drive.
    Gabriel Knight 3. Ooooh. I want the box for that, I had to throw out the boxes for most of my PC games at my mother's orders.

The Diablo II and Warcraft III DVDs will fetch you some money on eBay. I sold a World of Warcraft DVD there a while back. Also, selling Starcraft + Broodwar will net you about ten bucks. Selling all the Warcraft games together could net you up to twenty.

And I saw System Shock II there. That's worth at least fifty bucks.

All the Everquest stuff is worthless, since those activation codes are only usable once.

Uh. You wouldn't mind selling me Gabriel Knight 3 and Broken Sword, right? ;P
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I had to throw out the boxes for most of my PC games at my mother's orders.
    Ouch!

And I saw System Shock II there. That's worth at least fifty bucks.
    I never understood the $$$ that this one goes for...as I remember this being sold as a "value" title for about $8 towards the end of its useful life

Uh. You wouldn't mind selling me Gabriel Knight 3 and Broken Sword, right?
    I'll check these for completeness, and I'll get back to you (via PM)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Technosis View Post
    I'll check these for completeness, and I'll get back to you (via PM)
    Hehe, don't take me so seriously. I still have all inserts, manuals and the case for Gabriel Knight 3. I'm mostly looking for the box. ;P

I think I also have that Broken Sword game, but I'm not so sure. I know I have a few somewhere.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

i'd be interested in kings quest 4 depending on the condition of the box etc etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

holy crap on the Secret of Monkey Island prices. I know I have at least two of these; our computer sucked back in the day so my dad kept buying them from computer shows hoping another would work. Think I cut up the cd paper holder like an idiot to make it fit in a jewel case though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wallydawg View Post
    so my dad kept buying them from computer shows hoping another would work.
    Did he stop at just two????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha I'm personally hoping for the hat trick. It was a long time ago but I'm thinking he realized after two that it was our computer that was the problem.

I know there is at least one of them floating around my room somewhere, just saw it not too long ago.
    Last edited by wallydawg; 03-04-2007 at 09:26 PM.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Unfortunately, eBay is probably the best place to hawk old PC games. Ah, so many classics!

System Shock 2 goes for such big bucks because they've stopped production of it and it is an insanely awesome game. Seriously one of the best of all time, easily. And the multiplayer coop option makes it a lot of fun even today to go through again with friends. There is some CD protection on it, though, that makes copying it a little bit of a pain - which is one reason for the high price.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer View Post
    System Shock 2 goes for such big bucks because they've stopped production of it and it is an insanely awesome game. Seriously one of the best of all time, easily. And the multiplayer coop option makes it a lot of fun even today to go through again with friends.
    *Ed suddenly jumps out into a corridoe, leans forward, left, and right*
    *Calthaer shoots Ed and seals the respawn point behind twenty force barriers*

Wait, I think I'm thinking of another SS2 multiplayer group here...

For the record, I was the one abusing the force barrier (and cheats). Good fun.

Also, the SS2 box is great. Metallic Shodan on the cover and a flap cover - classic box design. I don't believe you'll get that in any DVD case budget release.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I recall a few years ago system shock 2 was rereleased as a budget title. 10.00-15.00 dollars.
    maybe a a 2 peice bundle. are you all sure 50.00 bucks.
    neo geo system

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Well, a sealed copy just about hit $200 on eBay yesterday...so yeah.

There's a bunch of those games I'd love to play in the pics above (while always a casual PC gamer, I missed out on a lot of good stuff), but I'm not really looking to pay an arm and a leg...just want some more fodder for my Old 98 laptop
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sell 'em on ebay... I made quite a nice chunk of change selling off a bunch of old PC games there a few years ago... and I was shocked to see how much some of them sold for... all just the discs in a jewel case with the manuals... not a single one complete in box... and several of them sold for $50 apiece...
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!