Phase: Choosing more games.

How you can contribute right now: Pick some game and give us a goal for it (on score-based games, you can stick to just a regular score if you wish). You can make the goal crazy, but I don't want this to be too hard. Also, please do not ask us for a goal that takes too much time; i.e. we might not have time to complete a full RPG - however, completing the game up to a certain point would be a reasonable goal.

How it works:

Play all the games listed, and collect a certain number of Power Player Points (er, what else can I call them?) based on how you did. Some games will have highscores so if you want to focus on that, you can directly compare to other games. The overall goal, if you wish to meet it, is to try out all the games listed and see if you enjoy them. Example goals: Get X points; complete this area in X time or collect X doodads, reach this goal.

Originally I thought we should stick to score games, but that is too limiting and I would like everybody to have a chance to "stack up" and put something in they know they like. Everybody has a chance to skew the "completition" in their favor by voting for at least one games, but hopefully that'll be negated by everybody choosing all the games

Don't worry about whether everybody has the game or not. Averages will help us create a "score" for each gamer, although I think we should also have a ranking based on how many games each person was able to try (for the record, I regret not being able to play any PS2 games, but that's alright as I can get enough of the others).

------

The competition will be updated as quickly as possible with running highscore threads for different games. Emulation is acceptable; I am thinking that we should ask that emulation players should mark that they are using it that way but the emphasis here should be on having a good time trying to complete everything, and not on finding ways to discredit each other's achievements!

------

Games chosen thus far:

Atari 2600 - Megamania (3 votes)

90s Consoles?

R-Type (MAME/PCB first sounds like what people want, but we'll take scores for other versions too)

Modern PC - ???

--------------
Oh goodness, I'm finally...DONE...writing about CRTs (for now). So that gives me some time to do this!

I'm not polling, per se, because we don't know all the games yet. We do have a few, however.

If you don't see your game listed, mention it anyhow because we might be able to fit it in (for my part, I don't have the Atari game mentioned, so if Venture, say, were mentioned I'd be able to participate in that on the hardware - for example).