Thread: eBay shop haters!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation eBay shop haters!?

Ugh, personal rant time...

First things first. a User recently bought an item off me. I was friendly and mailed the item out immediately and well packaged.
    A few days later feedback is left...:
    "Great Item, Shame it was sent via Second Class"
    I wasnt too happy, considering the item was sent via First Class!!!
    I emailed him to ask how he came to this conclusion; his responce was "Cause it has a Second Class Stamp on it..."
    From what i believe he thinks 1st Class Parcel stamps are 2nd class stamps... I wasnt too happy, so i havent left him any feedback....

Skip forward to about a week later, i find a nice Japanese Boxed copy of ALex Kidd for Megadrive, £0.49 with 5mins to go and no bids... Snap, i win it at 49p Brilliant...
    What i didnt realise was i had bought an item off the same person described above... Fingers crossed the transaction will be fine...

Nope! Today i get an email off the user... Im going to copy and paste it here to show you what was said word for word.

and how much will you sell this for eh... or you planning to give bad feedback.. it is people like you that give ebay a bad rap... you are a busy boy

Ermmm... EXCUSE ME!?
    This message was sent to me without any contact from me whatsoever...
    I came to the conclusion that the guy was pissed off his item finished at 49p, however that does not excuse this behavior.
    I know alot of eBay sellers snipe out auctions on the cheap and resell the goods, but to put every seller into a category suggesting that we corrupt eBay is just low! Besides, even if i was reselling it, thats not upto him as we all need to make a living and we will do however we can!

I emailed him back very politely and said; Nope the game is for myself to play (Which it is!) and ill leave positive feedback.

I felt reluctant to be polite, but its needed. If anything this user is the one giving eBay a bad reputation.

Have any of you had similar problems?
    What should i do in this situation? especially if he never sends the item (Despite my feedback being 1k+ i have not had an item go missing/end up not being delivered)

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Sounds like someone's a bit bitter.

I hope that he does go through with the transaction. There's no reason not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Adam you need to get a seperate account for buying.. thats what I do, then what I do with the item is my own business.. I dont normally buy on eBay to resell, but if I get a good deal on some games the last thing I want is like what has happened to you.. i.e. failure to sell, rude remarks or even more expensive postage costs because they believe im going to resell the item..

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticjelly View Post
    Adam you need to get a seperate account for buying.. thats what I do, then what I do with the item is my own business.. I dont normally buy on eBay to resell, but if I get a good deal on some games the last thing I want is like what has happened to you.. i.e. failure to sell, rude remarks or even more expensive postage costs because they believe im going to resell the item..
    It's a good point, but probably wouldn't help in this instance, since you would still need to have the same name and address in the personal details, which would be a bit of a giveaway!
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticjelly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel View Post
    It's a good point, but probably wouldn't help in this instance, since you would still need to have the same name and address in the personal details, which would be a bit of a giveaway!
    Im leaning towards this more and more each day... A good suggestion James indeed...

I guess the lesson im learning each day is dealing with the general public has its downs. Despite 99.9% (well according to me, 99.6% ) of eBayers are decent people, there is always a small percentage who have been delt the short straw in life and want to take it out on the world!

And as you say, i hardly buy on eBay to resell either, the car boot sale prices are too good and make eBay seem like its overpriced like mad!!! Im sure youll agree

...and dont worry James, i wont ask what your account name is Covert operations eBay! I like it!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's definitely worth doing, but it's not failsafe as I say - you'll still have the same name & address on there, so people can figure it out.

Nevertheless, I have buying account now. Couldn't be bothered with some of the hassle I was getting from a small minority of people. Most of whom never even bought anything from me anyway ...
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel View Post
    It's definitely worth doing, but it's not failsafe as I say - you'll still have the same name & address on there, so people can figure it out.

Nevertheless, I have buying account now. Couldn't be bothered with some of the hassle I was getting from a small minority of people. Most of whom never even bought anything from me anyway ...
    Did you ever sell that Fatal Fury for Mega CD? That was a gem and a half!!
    Im suprised you say you havent had many buyers, youve had some real awesome items recently!!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe ... still got that Fatal Fury Special, had a couple of tempting offers but not good enough. Have to say, I don't mind hanging onto it either - given the amount of time I spent trying to get hold of a copy. I think that just leaves Adv. of Batman & Robin as the only PAL MCD game I've never managed to get (well, apart from the Good Deal Games releases, but I don't really count those as proper releases)

I don't sell as much as I used to, but I do have a little stockpile of goodies to shift at some time or other. When I get round to it. And I'm waiting for a 10p listing day too (I refuse to list in the video games category any longer because of the stupid change to the final value fees ... it's all going into the Toys and Games category from now on, and I'll see how it fares there!!)
    Last edited by Vroomfunkel; 03-13-2007 at 12:27 PM.