Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrosport View Post
    You could still find some good items at the swap shop though. For example, I got a vectrex with 4 games and all the manuals for $40 bux, a virtual boy complete in box with manuals and such for $35, a QJ game action replay (NES) for $3 and its boxed.
    I live in West Palm, the hour drive it takes to even get to the Swap Shop isn't worth the gamble for me. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I live in West Palm, the hour drive it takes to even get to the Swap Shop isn't worth the gamble for me. :/
    Welcome to the Classic Gaming Wasteland that is otherwise known as Palm Beach County.

I quit going to the flea markets locally several years ago. Nothing but NES commons that are way overpriced. I have had much better luck going North for flea markets and thrift stores.
    neotokeo2001

http://neoclassicgames.blogspot.com/
    Atari 2600 Limited Editions

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got back from the swap shop. I got 19 genesis games in their original boxes and they still had the booklets inside. They're almost in perfect condition. I paid $22 for them all. I also bought 10 nes games for 10 bux and an empty x-box box and mini snes box for 5 bux.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrosport View Post
    I just got back from the swap shop. I got 19 genesis games in their original boxes and they still had the booklets inside. They're almost in perfect condition. I paid $22 for them all. I also bought 10 nes games for 10 bux and an empty x-box box and mini snes box for 5 bux.
    Cool. What Genesis games did you get?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sonic the hedgehog 3
    ecco the dolphin
    castle of illusions
    batman returns
    rocket knight advenures
    roar of the beast
    the lion king
    aladdin
    nba live 97
    sonic 3d blast
    bulls VS blazers
    x-men
    golden axe II
    sonic the hedgehog
    spider man x-men
    quackshot
    krusty's super fun house
    batman forever
    jurassic park

Not bad for a dollar and a couple cents each especially since they're all complete
    By the way, I forgot to mention that I got a virtual boy for $3. It works but its missing the power source and eye shade. I guess I can use it as a spare.
    Last edited by Nitrosport; 11-23-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I'm glad to see I'm not the only Hollywood bound person that can't find anything, well it's also pretty depressing at the same time. Hollywood Thrift is alright if you want to find a old console, I'd hit them up if I need a replacement Dreamcast. The Salvation Army always has one or two Genesis games and they've seemed to have really slimmed down on their CD section, which is a shame since they sometimes had a few odd gems there.

Also, avoid the pawnshow that's on Young Circle, the owner is a E-Bay Nazi and I've seen games with their original $9.99 price crossed off and replaced with $65.00. I wanted to get into an argument with the guy after he said "It's the e-bay price" and mention the E-Bay price for the loose CDs he had would be no more than fifty cents, no the $10 they try to sell some of them for.

Other than that, the few other pawnshops I've hit mostly had Dreamcast consoles with no wires, so at least I know of a few places to get one from.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only Hollywood bound person that can't find anything, well it's also pretty depressing at the same time. Hollywood Thrift is alright if you want to find a old console, I'd hit them up if I need a replacement Dreamcast. The Salvation Army always has one or two Genesis games and they've seemed to have really slimmed down on their CD section, which is a shame since they sometimes had a few odd gems there.

Also, avoid the pawnshow that's on Young Circle, the owner is a E-Bay Nazi and I've seen games with their original $9.99 price crossed off and replaced with $65.00. I wanted to get into an argument with the guy after he said "It's the e-bay price" and mention the E-Bay price for the loose CDs he had would be no more than fifty cents, no the $10 they try to sell some of them for.

Other than that, the few other pawnshops I've hit mostly had Dreamcast consoles with no wires, so at least I know of a few places to get one from.
    What place are you talking about on young circle? I don't remember seeing a game store there. Im just curious about the location.

441 is loaded with pawn shops. I've had some luck finding games and consoles in some of them. I paid a short visit to the goodwill on the corner of Hollywood Blvd and 441. The only game related item they had was the pedals from a steering wheel set.

You should check out the gamestop in the Hollywood Hills plaza. The address is 3251 Hollywood Blvd. The phone number is 954-985-6506. It's in the same shopping center as Target. My connections there tell me they will be putting out a shit load of ps1 and n64 games for 75% off. It should be within the next few weeks. On top of the 75% off, you can get another 10% off with a discount card. I will let you guys know when they put them out. They have hundreds of them sitting in the back room for liquidation.