Ok....time again for one of these asinine threads. But, I really wanna know. Those of us in South Florida know how ridiculously shitty it is to find stuff in the wild. All 4 of us.

Share your hunting grounds, share your finds. There's not much to find down here, but we can help each other out. Let's use this thread as a report card of the stops we all know.

I'll start...

Game Stores:
I only know of one independent store in North Miami Beach. It's right across the street from the old 163rd st Mall. Ironically, there's a Game/Moviestop on the opposite side of the street. I went in there a couple of weeks ago and they were mostly ps1 era games and newer. Nothing on the shelves to indicate any kind of classic stock. The prices were somewhat decent and they have an AWESOME trade-in policy. Buy a game new from them, trade it in within 90 days in newish condition, and they'll give you 90% of new trade in value towards anything in the store.

Thrifts:
There are plenty of these. Not many that are decent.
Let's see, there's the thrift mall in Hialeah, just east of Le Jeune. There are like 5 or 6 stores in that one strip mall. Never found anything decent there but ya never know.

In North Miami, right on the intersection of 125th St/6th Ave/Dixie Hwy there are three thrifts all sharing the intersection. One is a goodwill with mostly crap game-wise. The other two are small independent church-run type stores. Not too good. I'd avoid them unless you are *really* in need of that thrift fix.

My favorite spot, while unfortunately being a Goodwill, is in North Miami Beach at the Skylake Mall, Miami Gardens Drive and 18th Ave. This is where I do my usual shopping. Damn good selection of books and records. I'll usually find something video game related here. They'll have random carts from all generations on one of the book shelves next to the 4000 VHS tapes they've built up. This is also where I found the CiB Mint 32x I just sold on ebay.

Then we have Thrift Row in Hallandale. Just west of I-95 on Hallandale Beach Blvd we have a few decent sized stops. Think Thrift/The Jewish Recycling Center are good places to search for typical thrift items, but kinda sparse on games. Occasionally they'll have some carts in the book/records area but more usually just some bagged boxed PC games on the toy hooks. A couple of blocks away we have the Douglas Gardens Thrift Center. I personally like this place for random old electronics. I've seen full setups of old 8/16 bit computer systems and such. They'll every once in awhile have something decent console wise but it's hit and miss. Further down the street we have a HUGE AtoZ liquidators place. This warehouse is PACKED full of old crap. You *never* know what you'll find there. Their hours suck, but if you can make it when they're open, they're usually pretty good for something interesting.

So...that's a start. Anyone care to add to this list?