Thread: The Great South Florida Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Any of the NES games good? I'm always glad to find anything decent. I was at that Goodwill recently and that's where I got Sol-Feace for Sega CD :P

I also scored Mega Man 6 at the Play N Trade on Flamingo Rd. and Miramar Pkwy for $15 on Tuesday. Decent price, but the label isn't in the best shape. But hey, it's the first time I've ever seen it, and it's possibly my favorite Mega Man for NES.

To anyone interested, I spotted some Genesis and Master System games at Goodwill by Pines Blvd and Palm Ave (or is it Hiatus Rd?). They had CIB Parlour Games and Great Baseball for SMS, Aladdin, Ecco 1, and some weird game for Genesis, and also a copy of Ken Griffy Jr. for SNES.
    I *knew* I forgot something! I stopped there too and picked up a few of those. The 2 SMS games and the Aladdin and Super Tecmo Bowl. The girl at the register had no idea what they were priced. The SMS games were labled .50 and 3.00 so she gave me all 4 for the .50 cents. I should have gotten the others too, but I didn't want to be greedy.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

It's so weird that there's so many South Florida members but no one else in Palm Beach County. It's not like this is a small area or anything.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    It's so weird that there's so many South Florida members but no one else in Palm Beach County. It's not like this is a small area or anything.
    I'm in Broward, somewhat close.

...you wouldn't happen to have a Master System, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob
    I *knew* I forgot something! I stopped there too and picked up a few of those. The 2 SMS games and the Aladdin and Super Tecmo Bowl. The girl at the register had no idea what they were priced. The SMS games were labled .50 and 3.00 so she gave me all 4 for the .50 cents. I should have gotten the others too, but I didn't want to be greedy.
    Yep, I organized them in that neat pile by the VHS tapes. They used to be all over the place.
    Last edited by BetaWolf47; 06-04-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm from Palm Beach County, and moved to Central Florida for school. The job market is much better up here and cost of living is much lower in comparison to Palm Beach.

Speaking of which...any good places in Palm Beach, Daria? I have family there and my fiancee's dad is pretty interested in helping me with my collection. Congrats on your recent PS1 RPG collection as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I made a run to the same three places again today after a cardiologists appt on my way to work.

GW Taft: Nothing. just a few more books and a $2 logitech usb gamepad I needed for mame on my macbook

SA Johnson: Useless as always

GW Pines: They still had the leftover genny and SNES games from last time, f22, ecco, ken griffey blah blah. I walked over to the kids toys section and...a stack of SNES games.

All for $2:
    Final Fantasy II
    Super Mario World
    Super Return of the Jedi
    SimCity

and CiB for the same price, Midway's Arcade's Greatest Hits.

Eh, not too bad. A couple of decent games to play on my model 2 snes, which I've still never actually used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All for $2:
    Final Fantasy II
    Damn, I didn't know the GW had that. Been looking for it. Is it a duplicate for you? Interested in a transaction?

Also, what were those "computers"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, I didn't know the GW had that. Been looking for it. Is it a duplicate for you? Interested in a transaction?

Also, what were those "computers"?
    Actually, just typewriters. I used to be into typewriter and Word Processor collecting. There were a few brother and smith corona units. What I think you saw were the floppy drives on some of them. Most used standard 3.5" drives and disks but some had freaky custom disk sizes.

yeah, i didn't see that stack of SNES carts the last time either...they must have just pulled them from the back, there were about 6 of the "new" stock bins in the middle of the floor and the ladies were shelving them all

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    Speaking of which...any good places in Palm Beach, Daria?
    Heh. No.

Place sucks. There's a couple chains around but they're terribly priced.

BetaWolf: No I don't have a master system. Well, I do. But it's not a trade item. o.O

Insert Coin (Level 0) adam_devry's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys I live in the orlando area and the hunting sucks here too. We have about two play n trade here one gets nothing and the other has really high prices like FF8 greatest hits for 35. We have some thrift stores some times they have stuff but once in a while. I got zelda 2, punch out, and Fallout for PC. We have a flea market but either it looks like shit or they over charge like 50 for a nes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adam_devry View Post
    Hey guys I live in the orlando area and the hunting sucks here too. We have about two play n trade here one gets nothing and the other has really high prices like FF8 greatest hits for 35. We have some thrift stores some times they have stuff but once in a while. I got zelda 2, punch out, and Fallout for PC. We have a flea market but either it looks like shit or they over charge like 50 for a nes
    $50 for an NES system isn't horribly overpriced. The normal price is about $30, so $50 is still within reason. A pawn shop near my parents' house has about 5 of them for the same price. But yeah, flea markets are a great place to find old games, but a horrible place to buy old stuff.

However, I'm sure you guys have good finds in Orlando. I met someone an another forum from Orlando and he said he found Game and Watch systems at a Play N Trade there.

Oh, and Penguin, I didn't know there was anyone from Fort Myers here. It's a damn shame what happened to the game stores at Fleamasters, isn't it? There is a place there that has a Colecovision with a ton of games for $50 total though. No output cables or power cord though x_x
    Last edited by BetaWolf47; 07-11-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, and Penguin, I didn't know there was anyone from Fort Myers here. It's a damn shame what happened to the game stores at Fleamasters, isn't it? There is a place there that has a Colecovision with a ton of games for $50 total though. No output cables or power cord though x_x
    Mario World moved actually. I'm friends with the lady that runs the place and have gotten quite a bit of rare games from her. Shes located at the Flamingo Island Flea Market in Naples now, so shes a little further south, she just moved all her inventory over there.

Which place had the Coleco, I was there today and diddn't see it. I need a replacement my system isn't working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot what the place is called. It was a place in the Grand Pavilion (small place) that had a bunch of NES systems in boxes underneath tables.
    May have been an Intellivision though, I'm none too smart about systems made between 2600 and NES.

Mario World is in Naples now? I'm from Naples so I go there all the time. The finds in Naples rock... paid pocket money for some really rare stuff a few times. Have you ever informed the lady that her prices are highly unreasonable?

What is there for video games at Fleamasters now, other than the aforementioned place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I've abandoned all of you the last month or so, but I'm back, sort of.

Anyway, I'm moving my sister up to Tampa tomorrow and am going to try and find some places while I'm there. Any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any suggestions in South Florida like Miami? I'm all the way down here and go to some places but I'm wondering what other good places are there down here.

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    So, I've abandoned all of you the last month or so, but I'm back, sort of.

Anyway, I'm moving my sister up to Tampa tomorrow and am going to try and find some places while I'm there. Any suggestions?
    I live in the Tampa area and I can tell you that you will find nothing here. The stores are all gamestop or derivatives, the flea markets are extremely overpriced and the garage sales are mediocre at best. Save your money and try to look at little Podunk towns along the way. They will most likely have much better stuff than Tampa, sorry...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot what the place is called. It was a place in the Grand Pavilion (small place) that had a bunch of NES systems in boxes underneath tables.
    May have been an Intellivision though, I'm none too smart about systems made between 2600 and NES.

Mario World is in Naples now? I'm from Naples so I go there all the time. The finds in Naples rock... paid pocket money for some really rare stuff a few times. Have you ever informed the lady that her prices are highly unreasonable?

What is there for video games at Fleamasters now, other than the aforementioned place?
    I'm in Fort Myers as well, born & raised lol. I didn't know Mario World moved... The guy who runs that place is a huge douche and his stuff is terribly overpriced.

Come to think of it, is anything left here? Silver Platter, ABCD's, Replay (think that's what it was called, whatever CD Warehouse turned into) and everything else I can think of other than thrifts and flea markets are gone. I haven't purchased a retro item in about two years and am actually considering selling some stuff off anyway for financial reasons.

Sucks, because driving around and the proverbial thrill of the hunt was a great way to spend a day.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im in Florida as well,I live in Brandon,its real close to Tampa.

I really don't do to much game shopping around here,I go to my local Goodwill every now and then.Last time I was there they had a bunch of PS1 consoles,a couple a Sega Genesis,and some Nintendo's.There prices were not to bad,20 bucks for a Nintendo,10 or 15 for a Genesis and 15 to 20 for a PS1.Now there game selection is pretty bad,nothing really worth getting.

I still need to stop by a play n trade and see what there prices are on Snes games but for the most stick to online when I buy games.
    Last edited by Pikkon; 07-20-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeOnlineSurname View Post
    I'm in Fort Myers as well, born & raised lol. I didn't know Mario World moved... The guy who runs that place is a huge douche and his stuff is terribly overpriced.

Come to think of it, is anything left here? Silver Platter, ABCD's, Replay (think that's what it was called, whatever CD Warehouse turned into) and everything else I can think of other than thrifts and flea markets are gone. I haven't purchased a retro item in about two years and am actually considering selling some stuff off anyway for financial reasons.

Sucks, because driving around and the proverbial thrill of the hunt was a great way to spend a day.
    Yea I miss Silver Platter and ABCD's. Only places to get lucky at at the Play N' Trades in Cape Coral and Naples, the occasional thrift store ad the flea markets. Craigslist has stuff every once in a while. Have you checked out Rainbow Records in Cape? I think they used to carry old games but I havent been there in ages.