Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 for 360

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 30 for 360

I think I might have mentioned this slightly or said maybe one sentence on it here or there, but with how close I am to getting this accomplished, I figured that I would start a thread about it to see what the rest of the people here thought about it.

Ok, I got extremely unhappy with my weight. Needless to say, I was, and still am, overweight. Everytime I would start working out, I would lose motivation to continue to work out, and just gain it all back.

Well I got really bad around when my parents split up (I may have been 22 at the time, but the situation was really bad and included my mother getting into drugs). I got to a bad point, was extremely unhealthy, and weighed over 300 pounds. Now keep in mind I am only about 5'9 or 5'10, so I was massive.

I slowly started eating right, but I was still super big.

I found out that Sonic the Hedgehog was coming out for xbox 360, so it made me want a 360 really bad (I now know that the game isn't super good, but I am getting it anyway because of my goal).

I wanted a 360, and I wanted to lose weight. I decided that I would lose 30 pounds, and then the day I lost 30 pounds, I would buy an xbox 360 and sonic. My brother was so proud about me doing this that he said that he would buy me sonic. Now I had, and still have, motivation.

At this point, I have completely changed my diet, workout a minimum of 4 times a week, and feel great. I have currently lost 25 pounds in 2 months. I know I could lose more faster, but when I started, I figured that 10 pounds a month would be a good steady pace.

Now the reason for selecting 30 pounds. I tell you guys simply because I have nothing to hide from you guys. When I started and first weighed myself before working out at all, I weighed 280 pounds. I needed to find something where I would be in a habit of working out and eating right. As of yesterday, I was at 255 pounds. I figured once I get to 250, I could inform others of my weight (at this point I don't even tell close friends and family members how much I weight).

I feel this is one of the biggest steps I have taken in my life. I am at the point in my life right now where everything is coming together very nicely. I am graduating from college in May with a degree in Computer Science, I am about to open up my own online store that sells electronics here in about 2 or 3 weeks (more details on that will happen once I get more code done on it), and I am getting very close to losing the full 30 pounds and buying an xbox 360.

I think for the first time in my life, I can say that I am genuenly happy, and I was hoping that by posting this thread about losing 30 pounds for an xbox 360, that I would gain the support of the dp community in my goal.

5 more pounds, and and will post to this thread with more details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Good for you. Remember loosing weight is easy if you follow this simple rule:

Burn more calories than you take in.

Works for 100% of the human population. Some need to burn more calories than others...that's a given. Still, it's a fundamental truth of human physiology. Live by it.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keep up the good work! I bought a 360 for Sonic and don't have any regrets. Not the best entry in the series but like Darth Vader, there's some good in there!

I'm a huge proponent of hardcore gamers working out and eating right. Fuck yeah!
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats man. I think I may try some of that motivation on myself. I need to lose some weight myself and I want expensive stuff so its a win win

Being healthy and having a 360 are both worth it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drexel: Eat alot of apples, salad, and chicken breast (not greasy KFC stuff), and some weight will start coming off from a good diet alone. That is how I can afford to not work out everyday, because as long as you are eating healthy, the rest will come into play later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats man that is awesome that you are losing all that weight. Due to eating alot of sweets me and members of my family have a bet going on as to who could hold out the longest with no sweets. we are now going on 4 weeks and let me tell you I feel great. Its funny how alittle motivation can help you succeed. once again congrats keep up the good work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good idea for setting a goal and working towards it. Congrats SegaAges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are doing the right thing. Going cold turkey or doing some stupid diet will not work. It sounds like you are making the changes in your life that you can sustain and continue which will produce results, I have a lot of respect for that.

A few other tips:

Try turkey and fish (not the beer battered crap) make good low fat protein. Steamed veggies, I got a steamer for xmas and steamed veggies are great and can be made in 5 mins. I throw in a little chopped up potato to make it a bit more filling.
    Make yourself work out before gaming at night, if you start you won't stop! (well I don't)

Keep up the good work

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

Congrats man, rewarding yourself is one of the best ways to motivate yourself to lose weight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

congrats man, that's great to hear. if you want to lose even more weight just pick up a copy of dance dance revolution. that's the most fun workout i've ever encountered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Drexel: Eat alot of apples, salad, and chicken breast (not greasy KFC stuff), and some weight will start coming off from a good diet alone. That is how I can afford to not work out everyday, because as long as you are eating healthy, the rest will come into play later.
    Yeah, I was on a similar diet in college and lost alot of weight. But unfortunately I couldn't keep it up. Here's hoping this time it works for good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

<---- has lost around 120 pounds
    zomg I have a sig

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    Keep up the good work! I bought a 360 for Sonic and don't have any regrets.
    Rob are you high again?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

Stupid double post.
    Last edited by Bluteg; 03-19-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

You're an inspiration to us all, man, I wish I were that devoted to losing weight. Just don't comfort-eat it all back on again when you finally get around to actually PLAYING Sonic 360.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Good job.

You can be the new Jared and do commercials for the XBOX 360.

Not sure how that would work, but who knows.

Or the wii. That would work.

A positive spin for videogaming
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good for you, I need to lose weight as well, I have been wanting to just have to push myself to do it,

but I am happy for you

I really enjoy my 360 as well, it's a great system

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Good work, bro. Keep it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This encouragement is pretty awesome. I slacked off yesterday and the day before, so I still need to lose 4 pounds. Lucky for me, I have a friend that just got hired at Subway (I know I can't put on all those extras like oil and vinegar), but hey, free sandwiches (don't tell jared I am losing weight and eating subway).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I know that there are faster ways to lose the weight, but I figured that me doing this gradually would work, and so far, it has.

I am actually 2 pounds away from getting my 360, and I haven't weighed myself yet today. More than likely I won't do it today (I went out drinking last night, so that will all add up), but soon, I will be playing Sonic and Crackdown on my 360, oh yeah