Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Let the fan wanking begin.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

So this leaves what? MGS4, FFXIII and Tekken 6 as the big PS3 non-sony exclusives?

360 has Mass Effect, Blue Dragon/Lost Oddessy and... what? Too Human?

Ladies and gentalman i think the days of exclusives are quickly coming to an end. If anything the only exclusives will be between the Wii and the powerhorses.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DMC was never a 100% Playstation exlusive tho. DMC3 was also released for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by njiska View Post
    So this leaves what? MGS4, FFXIII and Tekken 6 as the big PS3 non-sony exclusives?

360 has Mass Effect, Blue Dragon/Lost Oddessy and... what? Too Human?

Ladies and gentalman i think the days of exclusives are quickly coming to an end. If anything the only exclusives will be between the Wii and the powerhorses.
    360 also have Gears of War and Halo (altho these are comming out for PC too, atleast GoW. Halo 1 and 2 came out for PC so i guess Halo 3 will too). I wonder why all the PS3 exlucives are going away. Are the developers scared because PS3 isnt selling like crazy? Exlucives are what sells consoles (well.. a big part of it atleast) so i wonder how this will affect PS3 sales. Its still very early tho.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    360 also have Gears of War and Halo
    If you're going to count titles published by MS and Sony, then add White Knight Story to the list. This looks far more interesting than yet another Halo/GoW IMO.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well.. still exlucives But if you're only talking about 3rd party stuff, scratch those off the list.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

If anything, I think that a game going multiplatform is excellent news.

Truly, I feel that any third-party company should stand by a mulitplatform business model.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think its good , i have both systems so i only get ps3 exclusives games for the ps3 , and all the multiplat. games on the 360 , for the achievements . so in other words if its on both systems im getting it for the 360 .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Saying 'this can only hurt the PS3' is a bit of a no-brainer- every time an exclusive is lost- even if it's a delayed one- it hurts the system. I still remember a lot of people saying they'd rather wait 6 months for Ressi Evil 4 on the PS2 than shell out for a Gamecube (even though they were dirt-cheap by this time).

Still though, the 360's exclusives are looking a lot tastier than the PS3's right now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not against exclusive windows. If Sony, MS, or Nintendo wants to pay to have the game first I'm cool with that, just don't stiff gamers on other consoles.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

After seeing how profitable Dead Rising and Lost Planet were in the US, this move is a no-brainer by Capcom. They want to make money first and foremost, and the PS3 install base just isn't there yet.

Wasn't Tekken 6 already confirmed for 360? MGS4 on the 360 is also a no-brainer (I know, I know this has been discussed here ad nausuem).

Agreed. This is a good thing IMO.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Wasn't Tekken 6 already confirmed for 360?
    Nope, only rumors.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

yay! I'm glad it's finally happening, plus I really enjoy comparing games when on multi-platform ever since Mortal Kombat 2 arrived on consoles. Dare to compare time! woot!
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by GillianSeed View Post
    If you're going to count titles published by MS and Sony, then add White Knight Story to the list. This looks far more interesting than yet another Halo/GoW IMO.
    Counting first party titles is just insane. They are quickly becoming the only true exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    If anything, I think that a game going multiplatform is excellent news.

Truly, I feel that any third-party company should stand by a mulitplatform business model.
    From a developer side that is not always the case. You have to look at cost vs. return. Though generally if it's a cost worthy venture it's the best because it gives you a larger market.

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    After seeing how profitable Dead Rising and Lost Planet were in the US, this move is a no-brainer by Capcom. They want to make money first and foremost, and the PS3 install base just isn't there yet.

Wasn't Tekken 6 already confirmed for 360? MGS4 on the 360 is also a no-brainer (I know, I know this has been discussed here ad nausuem).

No to both. We want MGS4 on the 360, but it is the least likely of the exclusives to fall.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

From a developer side that is not always the case. You have to look at cost vs. return. Though generally if it's a cost worthy venture it's the best because it gives you a larger market.
    Yeah. I figure that is a company is going mulitplatform with something, it's going to generate enough return for them. I should have mentioned AAA titles in my prior post. I don't think that announcing something like 'Cabela's Fish Shooting 20xx' as a PS3 exclusive is going to excite anyone, or move any systems as a result of the exclusivity.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its impossible to know exactly how much ur going to get in return so its a gamble. They just hope that when 10 million+ people got a 360 that they will sell enough copies to profit.
    Last edited by jajaja; 03-20-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Its impossible to know exactly how much ur going to get in return so its a gamble. They just hope that when 10 million+ people got a 360 that they will sell enough copies to profit.
    It's impossible to know for sure, but there are ways to determine if it's a safe risk. For example market surveys, browsing forums to determine demand. Demand for other titles in the same catagory. Or in the case of big names like FF how much the console manufacturers are willing to pay for exclusivity.

Market research is everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder why all the PS3 exlucives are going away. Are the developers scared because PS3 isnt selling like crazy? Exlucives are what sells consoles (well.. a big part of it atleast) so i wonder how this will affect PS3 sales. Its still very early tho.
    I think there's a couple major reasons why 'exclusive' games are going multiplatform:

- Cost. As AAA-games start to routinely cost over $10 million to make, you have to sell more copies to make your money back. Since the installed base for the 360 and PS3 are still pretty small (compared to the PS2, at least), a multiplatform release equals more potential sales

- Reduced difficulty due to middleware. With the amount of cross-platform middleware (like graphics and physics engines) being used in big-name games, most of the code is already multiplatform, so it's not too difficult to write the rest of it to be.

If it's not hard to release the game for multiple platforms, and doing so will net a few million dollars more in sales, then a publisher would be foolish not to do so. The net result is positive for gamers -- even though you could argue that a multiplatform game isn't going to take the best advantage of the hardware like an exclusive does (see God of War 2 as a good example of pushing hardware to the limits), it means you don't have to buy every console out there just to play the biggest titles.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Counting first party titles is just insane. They are quickly becoming the only true exclusives
    Everything can happend aslong as enough money is involved so its far from insane :P

It's impossible to know for sure, but there are ways to determine if it's a safe risk. For example market surveys, browsing forums to determine demand. Demand for other titles in the same catagory. Or in the case of big names like FF how much the console manufacturers are willing to pay for exclusivity.

Market research is everything.
    Indeed, some marked research is done of course, but still hard to say the true outcome. A game like DMC will most likely sell well even with research or no research tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaniel View Post
    If it's not hard to release the game for multiple platforms, and doing so will net a few million dollars more in sales, then a publisher would be foolish not to do so. The net result is positive for gamers -- even though you could argue that a multiplatform game isn't going to take the best advantage of the hardware like an exclusive does (see God of War 2 as a good example of pushing hardware to the limits), it means you don't have to buy every console out there just to play the biggest titles.
    True that, but i wonder how much extra it cost for them to release it to another platform. It must be some money or else i dont see why all 3rd party developers wouldnt do it
    Last edited by jajaja; 03-20-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is definitely great news for X360 owners.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary