Thread: VGXPO 07 Call for Volunteers

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VGXPO 07 Call for Volunteers

Hi folks. We're 8 months out from VGXPO 2007 and we need your help. This is a call for volunteers in all areas. By helping us you get into the show for free (all weekend), a cool t-shirt, behind the scenes access to the show and its planning, the chance to meet some really cool people, and many thanks from us for helping out with the show.

We are looking for helpers and team leaders in the following areas:

- Volunteer Coordinators
    - Speaker and Pannel Director
    - Pannel Support Staff
    - kiosk and arcade support staff
    - DDR and rythem game trainers
    - Aution Officials
    - Tournament Officials
    - Madden Football
    - Halo 2
    - DOA
    - Guitar Hero
    - Wii Sports
    - Arcade Challenge
    - Nintendo 1990 Challenge
    - plus others
    - Web Marketing Support
    - Web developers
    - Web site monitors
    - College Marketing Agents (pre event)
    - Highschool Marketing Agents (pre event)
    - Audio and Visual Techs
    - Registation & Info Desk Team Captian
    - Registation and Info Desk Support
    - Assistants for Ed Fleming
    - Assistants for David Kramer
    - Assistants for Jennifer Johnson
    - Assistants
    - General Assistants and Runners
    - Guest Relations Assistants
    - Set up and break down labor

Interested in helping? Just let us know what you can do, provide your contact info, age and days that you think you'll be able to help us. If you're interested please email us at volunteers@VGXPO.com

Thanks,

David Kramer
    VGXPO Show Manager

and

Ed Fleming
    VGXPO Executive Director

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was excited about helping you, but after checking, it seems that you are on the east coast and I am on the west coast. So, it doesn't look like I will be able to make it.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IF people still want me to put updates on the site, then let me know. Otherwise, someone else can start a new one and use it as an official update for future VGXPO info.
    Unless you want something from the members, apparently...
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman View Post
    Unless you want something from the members, apparently...
    Oh good grief. Hey Ed Fleming...you said no one was banned from the show, then you acknowledge DP was banned from the show. First you got 25000 people at the show, then its 17000, then who knows. Then there are going to be no more threads, then there's a new thread. You start a new thread every time someone says something you don't like. You banned DP, you acknowledge that you did, you acknowledge that it was wrong, so why don't you post all this horseshit somewhere else?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know that the majority of the Digital Press forum members want come out to game shows like VGXPO and that's why I (and Dave Kramer) post on here. I have some really supportive IMs form you DP memebers. But, there are two or three 'crap on Ed' forum posts on this thread and it really bugs me. I had hoped we cleared the air - but it seems that's not the case.

A couple of you said, keep giving us info..... So, I've done that. We've provided an open door for you to even help us run the show. What more can I do?

Look, I've tried to lay out everything to the nay-sayers. So, if you're not interested, then that's fine. But, why do you take a forum post about volunteering and crap it up? Why do you have to be so negative about everything we try to do?

I don't know what else to do to please you guys. If you don't want to come out to the show then that's fine.

Last, here's a request to Joe --- please let me know if you don't want me or any other VGXPO reps to post on Digital Press.

Ed
    Last edited by Ed-Fleming; 03-23-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ed-Fleming View Post
    I know that the majority of the Digital Press forum members want come out to game shows like VGXPO and that's why I (and Dave Kramer) post on here.
    I would bet that the majority of DP member have never been to a gaming event. And who is Dave Kramer, does he post here? I know you posted something with Dave Kramer's name one time....by the way this is not Kid Ice, it's Jerry Seinfeld.

I have some really supportive IMs form you DP memebers.
    That's nice. If they support the event they should really make it known by posting here.

But, there are two or three 'crap on Ed' forum posts on this thread and it really bugs me.
    There are two.

I had hoped we cleared the air - but it seems that's not the case.
    That is because the time to clear the air passed about two years ago.

A couple of you said, keep giving us info..... So, I've done that.
    Well if it was only a couple you probably could have just sent them the info directly.

We've provided an open door for you to even help us run the show. What more can I do?
    Well in one sense you're correct, although I'm just realizing it now...there's really nothing you can do, at least in my eyes. You banned DP from your show, then you said you didn't, then you said you did. So in my opinion to continue to advertise here makes you, well, kind of a weasel. And you're going to take the "Joe says it's OK" road and that's fine. But Joe's not exactly calling off the dogs here now, is he.

Now when you say you've provided an open door for "you" to even help us run the show, it almost sounds like by this you mean me. So uhh, no, offering to let me be "official VGXPO dogcatcher" or one of those other cockamamie, totally unnecessary "team leaders" does not make anything OK. And why do you keep trying to make this event more than it is? It's a nice little gaming event for 500-1000 people, and that's fine.

Look, I've tried to lay out everything to the nay-sayers.
    You tried real hard, it only took about three years.

So, if you're not interested, then that's fine. But, why do you take a forum post about volunteering and crap it up? Why do you have to be so negative about everything we try to do?
    Do you get the impression we're pissed off because you banned DP from the show? Did you really think you could do that with no repercussions and carry on posting here as it never even happened?

I don't know what else to do to please you guys. If you don't want to come out to the show then that's fine.
    Well I'm glad I have your permission to *not* come. Uhhhh..huh?

Last, here's a request to Joe --- please let me know if you don't want me or any other VGXPO reps to post on Digital Press.

Ed
    Joe has already said it's fine, YOU said you were not going to post here any more only days ago.

Now since you contend that so many here are interested in what you have to say about your event, I'm not going to muddy the waters any more. I've said enough.
    Last edited by Kid Ice; 03-23-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm... I must have missed something somewhere a long time ago, but I'm not quite sure why you guys are ripping on Ed. Personally I'm glad to hear about another gaming expo that's within driving distance of me. I went to Philly Classic on it's last year, and then went to VGXPO two years ago and I had a great time both times. I've also been going to CGE and ECGE for last few years, and plan on going to Too Many Games next month, CGE in July, and VGXPO in November. It's not so much about the people setting up the show, it's about hanging out with fellow gamers at the show... and I'm glad that someone's setting up a time/place where we can all play/buy/talk/live games.

I just don't see the point in bad-mouthing the show and hoping that it fails... as a gamer and fan of attending gaming expos, I don't see how having one less show is better for anyone.

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DogP View Post
    I just don't see the point in bad-mouthing the show and hoping that it fails... as a gamer and fan of attending gaming expos, I don't see how having one less show is better for anyone.
    I know I said I wasn't going to post again but just to clarify, I never bad-mouthed the show, nor did I say the show should not take place.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SirCyan

Oh, oh, can I volunteer to work in the beer garden?

-RS.
    My: Collection | DP Feedback | eBay Feedback | FS/FT Thread
    RoadRunner X BBS; oldschool dialup BBS!
    Web: http://rrx.ca, Telnet: telnet://rrx.ca.
    Amateur Radio Callsign: VA6RRX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

someone in technical/restoration may actually be able to modify the Arcade coin op machines so that to insert a credit you have to vomit into a bucket beside the machine. That would be pretty sweet.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonic View Post
    T-shirt design #1
    Boo! Make something with Tapper graphics, dude. Gotta keep to the theme!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People are weighting in on this all over:

http://www.j2games.com/new/forum/ind...sg1102#msg1102

it's funny, some people could pull a stunt like this and it doesn't touch them, others are just doomed...
    Be sure to check in on J2Games.com!

Insert Coin (Level 0) TVs Hasselhoff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That ain't the only place this incident has turned up...

http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarti...searchid=17185

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J2games View Post
    People are weighting in on this all over:

http://www.j2games.com/new/forum/ind...sg1102#msg1102
    The story on the PAX site, he assured me, was “a significant embellishment of what really happened.” He even alluded to possible litigation on his part

Yeah, it's really hard to believe someone would get drunk, argue with people, and attempt to cheat on their spouse, That's just completely unrealistic. Never happens.

It's much more plausible that PAX would feel so threatened by VGXPO that they would concoct this elaborate plan to embarrass and discredit it. Or maybe they just have it in for anyone who takes a lot of photos and asks too many questions.

Well Bill, I personally wasn't "waiting for something like this to happen". I had said all I was going to say here about him and his show. But I wouldn't be ripping on him if I respected him... which I don't. Anyone on this forum knows full well why myself and others feel that way, and I think that his trying to somehow spin this as a "significant embellishment" or threatening to sue PAX only underscores my point. Believe me, I have no illusions that if I did something equally embarrassing, some people in this hobby would give no quarter in trashing me, no matter how many "smiles" I've provided over the years (I'm speaking from personal experience here because I've been through it). But if I were Ed, I'd be less concerned with policing my message board and more concerned about my marriage, not to mention a show that will very likely collapse under the weight of his actions.

Now, having said that, I find Ed's current situation at once hilarioius and deplorable - hilarious because he totally brought it upon himself, and deplorable because he's one of those belligerent drunk types. I'm sorry Amber and everyone else involved had to deal with that. Thankfully his little drunken escapade didn't end with someone being injured or killed, so I'll continue to post absurd photos as fast as they enter my brain.
    [SIZE="4"]<< INSERT MESETA FOR SIGNATURE >>[/SIZE]