Thread: Interesting tidbit...FFXIII on 360? Update: Apparently not...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Default Interesting tidbit...FFXIII on 360? Update: Apparently not...

Lead story on Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864.html

Key quote by top Sony exec: "[FFXIII's] exclusivity is under discussion" infers that FFXIII isn't yet exclusive to the PS3. Not too surprising, I'm sure Square/Enix wants to make money in the US just like everyone else. Major developers have to be getting nervous seeing the PS3 lackluster sales so far. We shall see.

Truth be told, I have been convinced of FFXIII on the 360 since FFXI was announced.
    Last edited by heybtbm; 06-05-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Read that yesterday over at NeoGAF, but i wont belive it before i see it. It can also be a PS2 version that they talk about (doubt tho, but it is possible). IF it should happend i wont be mega suprised, but im sure Sony will do alot to stop this from happening, maybe even pay alot of money that they will lose, just to get FF13 for PS3 only.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They way he answers that question it sounds like Sony and Square are just working the numbers out. FFXIII is probably still an exclusive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Most probably talking about a PC version, I'd imagine. Still, are there any good Sony exclusives left that haven't been rumoured to lose their exclusivity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

FFXIII going multi-platform would be great for XBOX 360 and even better for Square, but not soo much Sony. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that happen, since I'm more than likely going 360 this gen.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Sony looses the exclusivity for FF XIII it is very serious. One title isn't much, with two two titles you get a bit worried, with three good titles you have to be alert to a serious business shift.

Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed, Virtua Fighter, even Ace Combat groomed and growing up on Sonys consoles, and now even Final Fantasy? This list is too long and too impressive to be ignored.

In 1996 I predicted that Nintendo certainly would dominate again over its competitiors, in particular over this upstart Sony. I got the first serious doubt when I read in a game mag that FF VII became an exclusive PSX title.

The last two months reminded me of that time when I realized that the dominance of one company is over. MS did a lot of things, and they did a lot of things right in the last two years.

I'm very much against the multi-media-shnicknack we experience; the more you put into game consoles, the less reliable they become. The GC is still my favorite from a hardware standpoint; but then I'm equally opposed to Sony and MS. The goal of dominating the living room with a multi-media machine is for both the same, just the starting point is different.

Right now it looks like the 360 might not only catch-up with Sony, they might even succeed in surpassing the PS3. My gut instinct tells me that; but then again my gut instinct has been wrong a couple of times, but not very often.
    Last edited by lendelin; 03-24-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it gets out to 360 also, the PS3 version will still sell the most, atleast in Japan. The 360 isnt doing so well in Japan. Since launch (which over a year ago) only ~350,000 360s have been sold in Japan. Nearly 800,000 PS3s have been sold since launch (which is about 4 months ago).

Concidering that both Blue Dragon and Gears of War have been released quite some time ago, 350k in 1 year isnt much. PS3 have Virtua Fighter 5 and Gundam. Dont know if i should count Motor Storm since it doesnt even have online play and afaik FPS (Resistance) isnt that popular in Japan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

360 is Sakaguchi country.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

It's official...no Final Fantasy XIII on the 360. Looks like everyone will have to buy a PS3 after all. I have to admit, I'm surprised.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794164p1.html
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    It's official...no Final Fantasy XIII on the 360. Looks like everyone will have to buy a PS3 after all. I have to admit, I'm surprised.

I'm not surprised at all. If I remember correctly, the White Engine the game uses was developed to take advantage of the Cell processor. If a 360 version was made, it would have to use a different engine, which would mean a fairly different game.

If I had a Jynx think of the things we can do together. She also kisses alot.
    Not to mention her breast plates is obviously hiding something nice
    The of Jynx as a XXX doll pokemon. -Rugal Sizzler

┏┫∵┣┛My Collection┏┫∵┣┛

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post

I am not surprised at all, mainly because it was always said that FFXIII would be exclusive to the PS3, I wouldn't be surprised to see like one of the spin off games of FFXIII on the 360 but definitely not the main two games.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars