Thread: Dear Sega, please release this in North America!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Default Dear Sega, please release this in North America!

Sega is releasing a PS2 compilation of the Wonder Boy series, in Japan only. I'd grab that for sure if it came out here -- especially since you get to play the different versions of the games (the SMS Wonder Boy is too easy? Go for the Mark III version, which is identical, but with wasps from the very start!).

Here's some info on it, if you have a modded PS2 that can play Japanese imports: http://www.ncsx.com/2007/030507/monster_world.htm

It sells for $29 US on both NCSX and Play-Asia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been thinking about picking it up as a nice introduction to the series, because it's one of those game series that I've always wanted to play through. That PS2 collection looks hella nice and I've really enjoyed the Sega Ages 2500 line (especially with the more recent bent on preservation vs strictly remakes).

I just spent way too much money on Trigger Heart Exelica, Karous, and FINALLY picked up Sega Ages Vol 26: Dynamite Deka (the last one I bought was when I preordered Vol 25: Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box...which is the best damn compilation I've ever bought), so it'll be a little bit before I can squeak in an order for this one....but I'm really thinking about it.

Almost all of the games on there are available via Gametap already, but I still like the additional love and care that Sega puts into these packs....especially with the superplay, manuals, and additional what-nots.

UnF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this doesn't help those of you who can't play imports but every game on the disc except Monster Land and Monster World IV feature English versions. It's easily worth the $29 if you can play imports. It's a shame but I do not see this coming to the Us. It would be nice though.
    My Japanese game videos
    Latest Videos: Oretachi Game Center: Akumajou Dracula Stages 1-3 completed without dying from the bonus promo DVD.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Man, this would be AWEXOME. I already think that Wonder Boy In Monster Land and Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap are among the best ever made; the rest of the series can't be that far behind. Please oh please oh please oh please--

Even if it doesn't, it just gives me one more reason to grab a Japanese PS2 sometime.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."