Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do I still need to camp out for a shot at a Wii?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only seen a Wii once around here and it was in an independent game store for $200 (or something like that) a few months ago. It's pretty funny this system makes such a rare appearance.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have a friend in the military, head over to their Navy Exchange. The Wii will be in the 3/23 - 3/28 flier. Most, if not all, stores already have the shipments in.
    *insert signature >here<*

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm so darned happy with the Wii that I'm even having a blast with games such as Ant Bully!!! (picked it up new for $20) Seriously. I'm finding that it's fun to play "lesser" titles on the Wii, just to see how the game is done for the controller. I'm of the opinion that there are no bad games on the Wii....it simply depends on your mood and perhaps how used you are to the controller. As far as the original topic goes, I still haven't seen one in the wild.

Insert Coin (Level 0) starfox316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you guys serious about not seeing wii around? At first I couldn't buy a look at one in stores, but over the past 5 months, I have no trouble finding 2-3 at all the eb's and wal-marts I check out. I would just drive out and shop somewhere you haven't looked yet.

The wii seems like a great concept, just too underdeveloped as far as games go so far. And what the fuck is the playstation 3??? I've seen 3-4 new games for it since the launch titles. Every single game strangely makes me feel better that I have 600 dollars in my pocket and that ps3 is still sitting on a shelf. I'm probably going to buy a wii within the year, just please nintendo, PLEASE have 10-15 solid games ready for me by then.
    GARY strikes hard.
    THE SKELETONS tak 6 damage.
    Your Party has defeated the THE SKELETONS.
    GARY gaind 58 XP.
    GARY level up.
    GARY learnt BONER THROW.
    The monster leaves HERB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Quote Originally Posted by starfox316 View Post
    Are you guys serious about not seeing wii around? At first I couldn't buy a look at one in stores, but over the past 5 months, I have no trouble finding 2-3 at all the eb's and wal-marts I check out. I would just drive out and shop somewhere you haven't looked yet.

The wii seems like a great concept, just too underdeveloped as far as games go so far. And what the fuck is the playstation 3??? I've seen 3-4 new games for it since the launch titles. Every single game strangely makes me feel better that I have 600 dollars in my pocket and that ps3 is still sitting on a shelf. I'm probably going to buy a wii within the year, just please nintendo, PLEASE have 10-15 solid games ready for me by then.
    I don't know about you but I live in area that has other people in it. People that desperately want a Wii. I've only seen them in the wild once and that was at a Wal-Mart. There was 7 of them and let's just say they didn't last very long.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by studvicious View Post
    I don't know about you but I live in area that has other people in it. People that desperately want a Wii. I've only seen them in the wild once and that was at a Wal-Mart. There was 7 of them and let's just say they didn't last very long.
    I was at Target today and overheard a soccer mom talking to one of the workers about how she had to camp out till 4 am to get a Wii. I knew the Wii was hard to get in the Chicagoland area but this is like fricking launch day. Actually, I feel kind of guilty at how easy it was for me to get a Wii at launch day. TRU recieved more than they had initially thought so I just got in line and had no problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Yeah I was easily able to get one on launch day too. I was the first person in line (of about 35) at my local K-Mart. The funny part was that they only got 4 in.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Wii/revolution is basically diffrent and people think that it is amazing. Like the NDS completely out did the PSP in all ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Their are 13 of them at the Ionia, MI meijer. My Dad just picked up 2, One for my nephew and one for him, so they must not be too hard to find right now.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How many people on this board think that this shortage nonsense is just fanboys spreading rumor of the Wii not being available anywhere. It seems like any time someone mentions being frustrated about not being able to find one someone else pipes in about seeing 50 neatly stacked Wiis at the local Walmart. I mean the 360 was hard to get for a while too so why is it such a big deal that the Wii is also? I'm sure Nintendo's production will catch up sooner or later but personally I think they love the fact that demand is greater than supply.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its suppose to be easier to get a Wii now where i live. I havnt checked myself, but i read on forums that you just need to check some toy stores etc. and you will find one.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, they're still not sitting on shelves here. They come in and go out. I think it's getting close though to the point where they may actually catch up with demand and you may see systems on shelves soon.

I honestly think nintendo just totally underestimated demand for the wii. I myself did. I thought I'd be able to pick one up on launch or find one on a shelf in the week after or so, but I was definitly wrong. I think nintendo may have dropped the ball a bit, by not having enough consoles availble. Sure the scarce hype helps a bit, but I think they would have been better served with more consoles. I mean even controllers and accessories were scarce. That's a sign that they totally had no idea how big the wii was gonna be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I still don't see them sitting on shelves around here. IN fact I've only seen one in the wild since launch. Granted I don't check or call stores everyday, but I do work in a mall and will check the stops twice a week or so.

Big stores like CC and TRU are still handing out tickets on Sundays around here.

This though is probably better for Nintendo right now. I'm sure it's more cost effective to make a small amount of systems and know that they all will sell vs making too many and loosing money on overstock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

All I have seen in the wild were 2 at a target store, so i picked em up and got 10% off with a coupon. w00t. Other than that, they're hard to find.

Dave

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by theoakwoody View Post
    How many people on this board think that this shortage nonsense is just fanboys spreading rumor of the Wii not being available anywhere.
    Just you. The fact that they are still being sold above msrp on eBay shows that you just can't walk into a store on any given weekend and pick one up.
    http://www.maximumcrowe.net/maximumc...outhpark3.jpeg

I bet Tugger wants to hear a song off me new album!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewbrim View Post
    Just you. The fact that they are still being sold above msrp on eBay shows that you just can't walk into a store on any given weekend and pick one up.
    No actually I don't it just seems like alot of people feel this way. I've never seen a wii on the shelf since I bought mine on release day. I just love how people love to say that they have a ton of Wiis just sitting on a shelf at their local store trying to prove that the Wii isn't selling well. Give me a break.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Just got mine. My mother happened to be in a Fry‘s for something else, asked and they had two. Had to buy it with another game, so I got Wii Play for the remote. Too bad the game blows.

The game stops here are looking to get more in next week. Our Target has the same sign up since Thanksgiving: Sorry, no Wiis.

Posting with the Wii isn't too bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theoakwoody View Post
    I just love how people love to say that they have a ton of Wiis just sitting on a shelf at their local store trying to prove that the Wii isn't selling well. Give me a break.
    I do believe the proper response when someone makes this claim is something along the lines of "pics or gtfo". I'll believe that stores can keep them in stock when I see them in stock at stores.

Meanwhile, the Gamestop near here has had a big "EMPTY!" sign on the Wii display boxes since launch.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Go to Denver, lots there apparently as Kris (QoF) just picked herself up one when visiting her brother

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since getting mine I've had two people tell me they've seen them locally. It seems that around here, Nintendo may finally be catching up.