Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Top Loader system.

Does anyone know if these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNES-NES-FC-Twin...QQcmdZViewItem

That seems rather cheap. So I was wondering to get one or not. Because my NES won't work worth a crap.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingking View Post

Does anyone know if these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNES-NES-FC-Twin...QQcmdZViewItem

That seems rather cheap. So I was wondering to get one or not. Because my NES won't work worth a crap.
    will it work...yes, BUT

I know its not compatable with all NES games and probibly not with some SNES games as well. also your going to have some sound and color problems with some games

honestly, i'm not really a fan of clones, in my opinion your much better off just getting a new NES or SNES. get an official toploading NES if you don't like the toaster model

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi King, welcome to the board.

Start reading here because there are already a couple of dozen posts on that product you are looking at.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99119

Like Soviet just said so well, that item you're looking at on Ebay will work with most of your NES games but a select few won't play at all. The picture and sound quality will not be as good as your original NES, either. However, you can "play" most of your NES and Super NES games on the FC Twin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you look at the shipping rate? Pretty clever on their part to get people interested, but that bumps it up to right about the going rate. You'd be better off to buy a new 72-pin connector from Ebay and replace the one in the NES you already got. Hope that helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, be sure to look around. I really suggest getting the official V.2 toploader of the NES. Reasons:
    1) Work 100% with all games (unless I screwed up somewhere)
    2) They hold their value (if not defective)
    3) Best quality since it's the hardware the games are built for!

They do cost more money but just remember #2.

Oh, and didn't see you have a problematic system. 8-bitNesMan has the right idea and it's the route most go.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$45 for shipping within the USA lol hiliarious!
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    Hi King, welcome to the board.

Start reading here because there are already a couple of dozen posts on that product you are looking at.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99119

Like Soviet just said so well, that item you're looking at on Ebay will work with most of your NES games but a select few won't play at all. The picture and sound quality will not be as good as your original NES, either. However, you can "play" most of your NES and Super NES games on the FC Twin.
    Thank's I have been looking for a good type of video game board to join. I have a pretty well colllection. Which I will take pics of it soon. I noticed the shipping rate a little after. That is high. My NES just doesn't work. I have TWO and when I clean it and my games it takes 30 minutes to work then it quits. So I was wanting a system to play Nes on that works. If anyone has pics of what yall are refering to please share.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank's I have been looking for a good type of video game board to join. I have a pretty well colllection. Which I will take pics of it soon. I noticed the shipping rate a little after. That is high. My NES just doesn't work. I have TWO and when I clean it and my games it takes 30 minutes to work then it quits. So I was wanting a system to play Nes on that works. If anyone has pics of what yall are refering to please share.
    it was already recommended you replace the "72 pin connector" on your NES. That is the part that goes bad, it will then work like it's 1985 again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was wanting a system to play Nes on that works. If anyone has pics of what yall are refering to please share.
    http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/...sage.id=123229

it was a revision of the box style NES that nintendo put out late in the NES lifespan. it loads from the top so theres no connection problems the old model had. its an official system from nintendo to so its fully compatable with all nes games and i assume all accessories. only thing is its only got a RF connection.

you can get one modded for RCA connection to a TV though. acually theres a modded toploader for sale in the buy/sale forum right now. i was pondering getting it but i prefer the toaster style NES.

if you ment the pin connector

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PREMIUM-72-P...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Soviet Conscript; 04-08-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok thank's! I might do the NES Top loader. Where is the buy/sell forum on here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99107

i did forget to mention one thing about a toploader...there reletivly expensive

and for a modded one..even more

if you decide to buy FABombjoy's though i can vouche for him. i bought some expensive items off him and it went very smoothly. acually i'm buying two modded consoles off him right now.

although i think there may be a rule that you have to be a member for a certain number of days before you can access the buy/sell forum....
    Last edited by Soviet Conscript; 04-08-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Conscript View Post
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99107

i did forget to mention one thing about a toploader...there reletivly expensive

and for a modded one..even more

if you decide to buy FABombjoy's though i can vouche for him. i bought some expensive items off him and it went very smoothly. acually i'm buying two modded consoles off him right now.

although i think there may be a rule that you have to be a member for a certain number of days before you can access the buy/sell forum....

I don't have permission. I'll wait it out a few days. How much is he looking to get for it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$100, which isn't bad. if you want to try and go for a cheaper one try ebay but your gonna be stuck with an inferior RF connection. its still gonna be in the $60-$80 range without the mod, give or take. but like cyberfluxor said "they hold their value"

if its a bit to expensive you can get the pin replacment for your regular NES. if you don't mind opening it up and replaceing it. that will only run you about $10 and its not hard to do. if you do get the toploader though you won't have anymore connection problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't have permission. I'll wait it out a few days. How much is he looking to get for it?
    Prices on those top-loading systems vary. Dig around the thrift stores or yard sales in your area for awhile and you may get lucky and find one for $5-10. Otherwise they would be $50 and up if you are buying them online. I haven't been in the market for one recently so I don't know what the ceiling on the NES top loader currently is but it shouldn't be much more than that FC Twin system you're looking at on Ebay.

EDIT: Yeah, $60-80 sounds about right unless it is modded which improves the picture quality, for starters. Honestly, I've seen one or two sell online for around $35-40 in the past year but those were not modded and came without hookups or controllers, just the system by itself.

All of the points cyberfluxor brought up are accurate. The only major flaw is that the picture quality drops slightly (with the RF cord) but it isn't a major issue for everybody. At least not for me, Considering the games work perfectly, assuming you keep them clean, it is a perfectly acceptable trade off.

Just in case you didn't know, the top loading NES uses the same hookups as your "regular" NES. It does have its own controllers, though. They are shaped a little differently. However, "regular" NES controllers work just fine on a top loading system. So you don't NEED those new controllers to play your games, they are just good to have if you are also a collector and want your system and accessories to "match." The newer NES ones used with the top loader are called the "dogbone" controllers in case you start seeing that term here on the boards.
    Last edited by bangtango; 04-08-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you see one at The thrift Shops or Goodwill like $10 get it

Insert Coin (Level 0) Gillian Seed's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah they fully rape you on the shipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    If you see one at The thrift Shops or Goodwill like $10 get it
    Yeah, that never happens to me. It's usually a Saturn that I find for $3, N64's and PSX $8-15. A friend of mine did find a toaster for $5 then paid $4 for wires and 2 controllers, then turned around and sold it but the pins were messed up and didn't make much profit due to the new connectors and all. He already owned an NES so the $15 profit he made was satisfying and only took 20 minutes between purchasing and reselling it.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Yeah, that never happens to me. It's usually a Saturn that I find for $3, N64's and PSX $8-15. A friend of mine did find a toaster for $5 then paid $4 for wires and 2 controllers, then turned around and sold it but the pins were messed up and didn't make much profit due to the new connectors and all. He already owned an NES so the $15 profit he made was satisfying and only took 20 minutes between purchasing and reselling it.
    The scenario MarioMania described actually happened to me a couple months ago. Top-loading NES and the usual hookups for a total of around $7-8 in Salvation Army. I sold it to my brother for the same amount I paid for it, though, because I'm not into ripping off family and he had a beat up toaster model which wouldn't play much of anything. If he'd already had one, I would have probably sold it on here for a little less than market value and still made a profit.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What does the Pin Connector do? Does it make it work like brand new? Or does it still mess up?