Thread: Is anybody currently living in/visiting JAPAN? If so, help!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is anybody currently living in/visiting JAPAN? If so, help!

Hello!

I am an avid Famicom Collector, and I am always on the lookout for cheap Famicom Carts/Systems/accesories/Disks/etc..., and I seem to find that the only people selling their Famicom Stuff for cheap are the people who ARE in Japan, and will only ship INSIDE Japan.

I have no way of going to Japan, and I have no friends in Japan, but if somebody here could buy some things for me, I would be eternally grateful!

Take a look at this Auction Page :

http://list.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/...gory-leaf.html

I see that a lot of Famicom Disk stuff is being auctioned off Dirt Cheap, and I can't understand what they are saying, and they won't ship to me anyway....

Now here is someone who is in Japan comes in :

I would like someone IN Japan, to go out to Used Game Stores and Flea Markets, and in this Auction place if needed, and buy me the things I need, and I would pay the Amount you Paid for it, the Shipping Costs and pay you for your troubles!

For example, I REALLY NEED the following :

- MINT Famicom Disk BOX, Unbroken Styrofoam and all Manuals
    - MINT Famicom Box, Unbroken Styrofoam and all Manuals
    - BOXED Famicom Disk System AC Adapter
    - Famicom Disk RF Adapter
    - Famicom RF Adapter
    - Famicom AC Adapter
    - Famicom RF to TV Plug
    - Official Famicom Disks
    - Official Famicom Disk BOXES ( the ones you put the manual and sleeve into )
    - Famicom Plug in Official Gun
    - Famicom Peripherals ( trackball, pachinko controller )

So if anybody is willing, I would make it your while, and you would be doing an ENORMOUS FAVOR FOR ME!

Obviously, I would pay first, and THEN you send the stuff you bought. But, if you're not sure of my credibility, I will send you Money FIRST, even before you bought anything for me! And After you received the money, you could go out and hunt for these things! I can wait a long while, I just really need these!

Please help!

PS : Like look at this from Yahoo Japan :

http://list.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/...gory-leaf.html

50 Yen for a Famicom Disk AC Adapter!? I would kill for that!

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e23682961

OMG! 4 Official Disks for 50 Yen!? Somebody buy this for me!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Firstly alot of those yahoo auctions do have reserves PLUS they are cheating a little. Yahoo introduced a new fees scheme, so what the sellers did is say start an auction for 10 yen and then in the auction itself state that if you win you actually have to pay say 5000 yen. Its so they can get around the fee systems.

Getting japanese people to send you items can be very difficult, plus as you say you have to understand the language.. I buy a bit from there, famicom and pc engine, but shipping isnt cheap, and in the end you rarely pick up really cheap bargins ( not like if you would when you went to second hand shops over there )

As for Mint boxes stuff.. its not that easy to find and mint boxed famicoms can go quite high ( 15000 yen ) about 120 US )! crazy
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Firstly alot of those yahoo auctions do have reserves PLUS they are cheating a little. Yahoo introduced a new fees scheme, so what the sellers did is say start an auction for 10 yen and then in the auction itself state that if you win you actually have to pay say 5000 yen. Its so they can get around the fee systems.
    Sorry, I didn't know that. Can you tell me what those 2 auctions say?

Getting japanese people to send you items can be very difficult, plus as you say you have to understand the language..
    Actually, I would only like to buy from people who understand English, it's only the Buyer who would have to know japanese, it's them who would buy the stuff, and I'd e-mail with them in english...

I buy a bit from there, famicom and pc engine, but shipping isnt cheap, and in the end you rarely pick up really cheap bargins ( not like if you would when you went to second hand shops over there )
    I bought from people on eBay who are in Japan, and the shipping isn't really expensive, actually. I only buy with Airmail, not EMS. I don't need EMS.

And yeah, I'd like somebody from Japan to basically scour the Used game Stores and Flea Markets and whatnot, like Ads in Newspapers.

As for Mint boxes stuff.. its not that easy to find and mint boxed famicoms can go quite high ( 15000 yen ) about 120 US )! crazy
    I only need the Box, not the system. I've seen Mint Famicoms with boxes on eBay, but they're either from Thailand or the seller only ships with EMS, which I don't want.

MINT Famicom Disk System Boxes are quite cheap, because right now, actually I see an Auction on eBay for a Famicom Disk System with 8 Games, and the box is PERFECT for $84.90. The only reason I don't want it is because I don't want the System, and it would be a lot cheaper without the System.

I'm just asking because I hear of Gaming people going to Visit Japan all the time, and I thought somebody would help me out with that.

Thanks!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good Japan in GAME. Play in all madness, all go getting good videogame. Not BUMPING in although.
    You haven't lived until you've fought Dirty Ho...and then you're dead!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dark andy to threatening iron monkey clan with bump. dark andy is to more agent of chooseing one of evil. possibley dark andy to strike with bump to attacking. iron monkey clan has much strength to defeat weakeling bump attack. evil to will fall.
    i have hit you in your death spot. soon you will die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go make yourself a new friend:

http://www.japan-guide.com/penfriend/index_e.php

Goooood luck though. Item + original shipping + their effort + shipping to Canada = $$$$$$$$$

One might help you for free if you help them learn English.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Argh, all this time, I still haven't gotten close to getting anything from someone in Japan.

I'm still in contact with 2 people in Japan, but so far nothing......