Thread: Have someone here used Korean "Ebay"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Have someone here used Korean "Ebay"

I have find a game I really want in Korea (donīt know how integrated the site are in the bigger ebay, but it is linked from ebay.com so I guess the at least own it:-). But I have no idea how to bid (and if itīs possible at all), how to contact the seller etc. So I wonder if someone here have used the auction site or understand korean and can help me. Here is the auction:

http://itempage.auction.co.kr/Detail...5&frm2=through
    Last edited by Nimrodil; 04-10-2007 at 03:02 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Just because they are linked to from eBay does not mean they have much to do with them. Take MercadoLibre.com.mx - that place is filled with scammers and idiots. And they still have the eBay logo. I feel dirty just looking at the place, ick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I guess you have right, but unfortunately not every game is available on Ebay (as many brazil games) so there is not so much to choose between if you really want those:-).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've done two deals with Korean folks, one went sour and the other item took about two months to get here. Even if you'd manage to make the deal with the seller, you'd most probably have to send cash in a letter to Korea, which is as good an idea as it sounds. Not worth it I say.

Eventually a copy *will* pop-up on eBay or Yahoo Japan (that's where I got my case and manual). You should get in touch with people in SMSPower, too, that's where I got my cart from.

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm, sounds like a plan and I am not in a hurry (and I found my SMS-Dynamite Headdy via SMS-power so thanks for the reminder of the site :-). I will btw got an extra copy (cart only) of the Tectoy version of Dynamite Headdy to megadrive within some weeks if you are interested of some kind of trade (but safest to wait until I actually got it from Brazil first:-).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like to find someone who could help as well. Me and another collector found some Korean version NES games on this site a long while back and wanted to find a way to buy but never did. I did figure out what was what though on the auctions pages. Take a look at the following link for a little picture guide in what's what that I made for my friend:

NintendoAGE - The best NES database engine available on the net!

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

it would be easier to ask someone IN Korea to get it for you.
    Dealing with overseas buyers is something not many if any Korean sellers are accustomed to. Most of them use the bank direct deposit and ship via the quick couriers... Besides many of them will shy from communicating in English even though they are taught English in Jnr High and High School before the tertiary level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for sharing Hounder. Can be useful.

I actually send an email I found on the site that are linked in the user account of the only korean member here on DP. He have just wrote one post (several years ago) so I didnīt though he would answer. But he did, but I think he misunderstood my question since he "just" help me understand that the link I paste in the mail was to an auction site where the one who bid hightest won the item:-). But he was nice.