Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best version of Bomberman on any console??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What is the best version of Bomberman on any console??

I want to pick up this game and want to know what is the best version across the board?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Ooh! Ooh! Let me take this one.

I'd pick the PlayStation game Bomberman Party Edition! Why? Because it supports 4 players, it has several of the one-player Bombermans (they suck but it's still pretty cool to see where it all began on the NES version), and many of the later ones. Too many multi-player possibilities to even list here. Essentially it incorporates everything that SNES Super Bomberman, Genesis Mega Bomberman, and PC Engine Bomberman '94 had. Plus it's got options that were not available on those original games.

You simply NEED TO OWN this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress

I'd pick the PlayStation game Bomberman Party Edition! Why? Because it supports 4 players, it has several of the one-player Bombermans (they suck but it's still pretty cool to see where it all began on the NES version), and many of the later ones. Too many multi-player possibilities to even list here. Essentially it incorporates everything that SNES Super Bomberman, Genesis Mega Bomberman, and PC Engine Bomberman '94 had. Plus it's got options that were not available on those original games.

oooooooooooooK, you sold me. let the bidding begin. I will of course entertain other suggestions if anyone has a different opinion.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually like the SNES version of bomberman the best. I have been searching for this game for a long time but have yet to come across it. (I don't use ebay too much) The only bad thing about it is you have to go buy the 4 player adaptor for it aswell.
    ~Rich

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-E_MaN
    I actually like the SNES version of bomberman the best. I have been searching for this game for a long time but have yet to come across it. (I don't use ebay too much) The only bad thing about it is you have to go buy the 4 player adaptor for it aswell.
    Yeah but... the PlayStation version has this already incorporated in it. Why would you want less? Is it the SNES controller you like?

There's really no disputing this one. Trust me, I've been a Bomberman fan ever since there WAS Bomberman, and anyone who likes any other version better just hasn't played the PSX game. I own every multi-player version of the game there is, even the Saturn and Dreamcast versions. The SNES Super Bomberman games are great but they're just a fraction of the PSX compilation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, I just grabbed it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3015262343

see, I took your advice.

Hey, digitalpress, where do I find the lists of "rarest games" on this site. I can't seem to locate it, but remember seeing it before.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Rarest games? There are dozens of threads in the "Classic Discussions" forum. Or you can consult the lists at http://www.digitpress.com/lists.htm

Enjoy your game. It's gotten a TON of mileage here!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe knows, yo.

At a Sega press junket in the mid-'90s, I somehow corraled nine other journos into a brief session of ten-player-simultaneous Saturn Bomberman, which was as close to Heaven as my heathen self will ever get. As evidenced by my Bomberman LCD-game keychain, Bomberman plushie, and Bomberman jacket, I like the series a lot.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rarest games? There are dozens of threads in the "Classic Discussions" forum. Or you can consult the lists at http://www.digitpress.com/lists.htm

Enjoy your game. It's gotten a TON of mileage here!
    cool. thanks!!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-E_MaN
    Yeah but... the PlayStation version has this already incorporated in it. Why would you want less? Is it the SNES controller you like?

There's really no disputing this one. Trust me, I've been a Bomberman fan ever since there WAS Bomberman, and anyone who likes any other version better just hasn't played the PSX game. I own every multi-player version of the game there is, even the Saturn and Dreamcast versions. The SNES Super Bomberman games are great but they're just a fraction of the PSX compilation.
    Actually I have never played that version of bomberman berfore. The only game I ever played on the playstation was resident evil. I played that game for like a week straight and then it hung on me while I was trying to save and that screwed up my saved game. I never used a playstation since. Including the PS2.
    ~Rich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So is Bomberman Party Edition a compilation disc, or is it a new game that merely borrows elements from other versions? Sounds good.

Personally, I think Super Bomberman 2 is the highlight of the series. You can read my review if you like. Maybe I just don't like those stupid animals. Oh, and Saturn Bomberman was great stuff.

www.danielthomas.org/pop/classics/bomberman.htm
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Bah, I say the SNES Super Bomberman 1. Poo to incorporating everything, not only is this version endearing to me, but it's the most crap-free version IMO.

dave

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think I've played the psx version, though I'm trying to get my hands on it now, but Super Bomberman 4 & 5 for super famicom are so much fun. They have animals and robots you can get on that have special abilities. Loads of fun. We've been playing the roms on my xbox and having a blast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Give me the Saturn Version any day. Fun gameplay, online support, multiplayer, and it also doubles as a soundtrack in the car.

Anyone know if there are still games going on via netlink? I'm going to try it this summer if there are.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas
    So is Bomberman Party Edition a compilation disc, or is it a new game that merely borrows elements from other versions? Sounds good.
    It's a compilation disc but it incorporates a consistent interface between the games, makes it seem like a fresh new package.

By the way, Portnoyd is on crack. Bomberman Party Edition has every single element that Super Bomberman has and a hundred other levels and features. Anyone who would say Super Bomberman is the best and "poo" to incorporating extra stuff is obviously either very stubborn or very foolish. I'll let you decide which, based on his next reply.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas
    It's a compilation disc but it incorporates a consistent interface between the games, makes it seem like a fresh new package.

By the way, Portnoyd is on crack. Bomberman Party Edition has every single element that Super Bomberman has and a hundred other levels and features. Anyone who would say Super Bomberman is the best and "poo" to incorporating extra stuff is obviously either very stubborn or very foolish. I'll let you decide which, based on his next reply.
    Eat me Joe

dave

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bomberman '94 for the pc engine....Best Bomberman Ever!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing will ever top the hi-res Wide Mode on Saturn Bomberman. That is the coolest thing ever. Has it been done since?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm gonna have to vote for the saturn version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Saturn one, w/multi-tap, is so perfect I've never felt the need to buy another Bomberman .

I do own DC Bomberman (3D Cell Shaded), and although it too is fun, it isn't the same game as the Saturn version. In fact, I wouldn't recommend this one at all.