Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Shit, wanna polish it off for me too? I'm at that stuck at 500k plateau, where i'm running just shy of the 10 mutiplier and can't get those last two needed bombs, and well not hitting anything else because of it.
    I would if I could, but survivng 1 million is about 50/50 luck and skill. It all depends on what enemy patterns the game throws at you. Like if it randomly spawns snakes around you a lot, or a lot of snakes in general, it's pretty tough. Likewise if the game goes magnet crazy or a bad combination of black holes/ those pick spinning boxes. I'd say it took me roughly 10 hours of playing after I was good enough to hit the million, then it was just waiting for the right enemy combo.

Both the bomb and 10x multiplier ones are pretty tough too, needing to score 600k without using a bomb is probably the easiest, but the 10x can come anywhere between 5-800k depending on how many times the game throws blue diamond/ blue jack spawns at you.

But if you're interested, hit me up with a PM either here or on XBL, and I might try a run or two to see what I can do.
    Last edited by Nesmaster; 07-12-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) FoxyGamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    grimsalutations
    PSN
    The_Foxy_Gamer

Pac Man Championship edition. Love it.

Strawberry (Level 2) MonoTekETeA's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only arcade game I have and play once in a while is Settlers of Catan. I like it a lot, one of my favorite board games, but I only had to pay $10s instead of $40 for it, and I always have people to play with.
    Yippy Kie Yo Yai Yay
    I am really bad at spelling...no really.
    v A gift from Drexel923, Thanks homie! v

Insert Coin (Level 0) velvet396's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Velvet396

Tried Geometry wars and I just didn't get what was addicting. It seemed near impossible, and I don't play shooters... so maybe it's just not for me.

On the other hand, I played sonic for an hour or two last night to get the "reach certain levels" and "win the game" achievements. I'll go back and get all the emeralds (only missed two in beating the game, shameful I know) and try my hardest at the Marble Zone Act 1 speed run (under 80 seconds).

I'm not even going to try beating the game without losing a life, although it'd be easy given the save-state feature, it'll take too long (read: I hate scrap brain zone). That and the beat the game in under 40 minutes achievement, is that "set a timer beside you" or does it go off the total time amassed in the levels? If it's just level time, I might be able to do it, once again depending on the save feature in scrap-brain. I can't do that one safely & quickly.

Looking forward to the other Sega Vintage Collection games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by velvet396 View Post
    Tried Geometry wars and I just didn't get what was addicting. It seemed near impossible, and I don't play shooters... so maybe it's just not for me.
    I didn't like the game when I sucked too. Believe me at one time I couldn't even SCORE 100k, and reading the rest of the achievements discouraged me at that point. So I stopped playing for a while. Then I came back on it heavy and got better and better, and I don't normally play games after I hit 100% achievements unlocked in them, but this is the exception. I love Geometry Wars. I don't like what they're doing with it on the wii and ds. $5 was what made this game great. $40 is too high.