Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What projects are you working on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default What projects are you working on?

Just to get some conversation going on in here ... what projects are you working on?

The last one I started was completing a conversion someone else started. Some of you may have seen the pictures before, but I got a Mortal Kombat with a bad monitor in an old Black Widow cabinet for free. I got a new monitor hooked up and it works great. About a month ago I started sanding down the old sideart (it looked good, but not good enough to save). Unfortunately the only place I have to work on these types of projects is in the backyard, and with all the rain we've had recently I haven't had the chance to finish it. I just got a roll of red t-molding in for it. When done I'm going to paint it black, apply the red t-molding and purchase some Mortal Kombat side art for the cabinet. The shape of the cab will never look authentic but at least it won't be such a Frankenstein eye-sore.

Whatchoo guys workin' on at the moment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Right now I got a dead xbox from my brother that I have brought back to life. Since then I have added a mod chip and a 80G hd. At this point I am not sure what I want to do with it. I am leaning to making it a mame machine, with a theme. Right now I am thinking about going to a comic book based games type theme. But I am not 100% sold on that yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing Video game related. I just got a client for creating aftermarket steering wheel designs. So, a light table is in the works.
    I do need to hardwire a snes...
    I have two basic food groups, fast and frozen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, in the past month, I purchased and moved into a new, much larger house, so I'm in the middle of a total rebuild on both my room of doom as well as my arcade. I've only moved a handful of machines in so far, but it's looking like I should be able to hit about 21-24 machines in my new arcade. Quite an improvement over the 7 I could fit in my last room.

My only issue is how to get my SW cockpit into the room. There is a 90 degree bend in a very narrow hall to get inside the room. Normal uprights aren't a big deal, but so far none of my ideas on this beast have panned out.

Any suggestions ( and before it comes up, I'm sure shipping would be a killer on this machine!! )
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Just bought a house with my brother, best part is the basement has a huge workshop, a finished bar, AND a seperate finished room which will be my arcade room.

I'm currently working on putting american horseshoes and Ameridarts into my empty Taito cab I have and making a 2 in 1, then I want to make a countertop cherry master for the bar, a 20ft shuffleboard table, and my q-bert....then I'm not sure, but there are a lot of options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trying to get my San Francisco Rush cabinet up and running. Getting THAT inside, now that will be a challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    Trying to get my San Francisco Rush cabinet up and running. Getting THAT inside, now that will be a challenge.
    Nah, those come apart at the seat, don't they?? I think there are bolts on the bottom side and you can separate it into 2 parts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Nothing big - I have to get some new fuses for my Galaga cocktail, sometime in the near future. All the lights on the machine (the control panel and coin door) are out.

I'm thinking about disassembling the coin door, and breaking out the Dremel, this weekend. The coin return slots are pure rust.
    Last edited by diskoboy; 04-25-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Nah, those come apart at the seat, don't they?? I think there are bolts on the bottom side and you can separate it into 2 parts.
    I think certain ones do, certain ones dont. Im not sure yet, but its sitting in our garage / barn while I work on it. Power supply should be there by the time I go home this weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I *THINK* a regular green SF Rush does NOT come apart...At least, not easily. I've never had a need to break one down, but I don't believe they do come apart. A Rush 2049 does break in half, like a regular Midway/Atari cab with the 4 seat bolts (2 on either side), but a green Rush car appears to be a solid floor section with no breaks. I've thought about moving mine to a location up a flight of stairs, but for the money they would make, it's probably not worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, in the past month, I purchased and moved into a new, much larger house, so I'm in the middle of a total rebuild on both my room of doom as well as my arcade. I've only moved a handful of machines in so far, but it's looking like I should be able to hit about 21-24 machines in my new arcade. Quite an improvement over the 7 I could fit in my last room.

My only issue is how to get my SW cockpit into the room. There is a 90 degree bend in a very narrow hall to get inside the room. Normal uprights aren't a big deal, but so far none of my ideas on this beast have panned out.

Any suggestions ( and before it comes up, I'm sure shipping would be a killer on this machine!! )
    Maybe stand it up on end like a regular upright? I'm not super familiar w/the cabinet, but if you stood it up, then you might have a regular-enough sized cab to get it around that corner, otherwise does it come apart at all? That's all I can think of at any rate....otherwise, maybe a new doorway? (lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Working on so many projects lately I don't even know what I'm doing....I guess right now it's trying to finish building the new baby's room, and at some point, a complete inventory of everything I own, systems, accessories, arcade cabs/boards, etc. That way, I will know what to tell everyone to buy me for birthday/Christmas gifts. Just gotta get the list done before Oct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a monitior that doesn't have any red in it on my NEO-GEO cab. Do you guys think I need to replace the whole monitor? And yes I know nothing about fixing a cab at all.
    Formerly letsallgameon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnbo42 View Post
    I *THINK* a regular green SF Rush does NOT come apart...At least, not easily. I've never had a need to break one down, but I don't believe they do come apart. A Rush 2049 does break in half, like a regular Midway/Atari cab with the 4 seat bolts (2 on either side), but a green Rush car appears to be a solid floor section with no breaks. I've thought about moving mine to a location up a flight of stairs, but for the money they would make, it's probably not worth it.

Figures, Ive got a green one hah. Im going to have to figure out how the heck to get it inside

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just MAMEd a vertical dynamo cabinet that had a Strikers 1945 kit on it. I have all the software and hardware finished, all I need now is the art. And I can't decide on what kind of marquee I want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SFR cabinet up and running. Some work before its totally acceptable, but it runs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    SFR cabinet up and running. Some work before its totally acceptable, but it runs!
    Congrats! Those can be a pain sometimes!!

I've managed to get a 6' long, 3' tall display cabinet moved into my console room (upstairs) and have started to stock it with my goodies that need to be locked up. I'm hoping to be able to finish unpacking all of the boxes that my consoles and games are in this weekend. Still looking for a few of my rares though, always makes me nervous when I can't find them!

Peach (Level 3) Pop Culture Portal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I, too, have way too many projects of various kinds going on around the house, including the arcade machines. All five of my machines are fixer uppers. Right now I'm jumping from one machine to the next as far as restoring them.

Centipede...repainted where necessary, new feet, new coin door (without the wiring ) and new t-molding. The control panel had at least 4 different overlays on it and lots of extra holes drilled in to it, all of which I've patched. Restored the power supply, including the Big Blue thing, which I replaced. I also found a complete wire harness on ebay, so that's in there now. Now I gotta save up for the side art.

Joust...I completely gutted this thing. Has an original working Williams/Joust monitor. Was converted to a WWF game....severe water damage on the base. I've replaced part of the base and put new feet on it. This cabinet is a little overwhelming, so I don't touch it much.

Kangaroo...converted to a Final Fight...needs new wiring, feet, t-molding and sideart...has a working monitor...not hacked up as badly as the rest.

Astro Invader cocktail....was converted to Capcom Bowling....needs new control panels and overlays, a new underlay for the top and an Astro Invader board and it's all set, but I'm having trouble finding any of that.

Jump Bug...completely gutted and completely repainted. Converted to a Heavy Barrel. It had a ton of holes drilled in the woodwork, all of which have been plugged back up. Someone has offered to raster (I think that's the right word) a new set of sideart for me. Still need a monitor and wiring.

I also plan on building new cabinets for the Final Fight, the WWF game, and Kageki PCBs I have...like I said, too many things going on at once!
    All right youngens, bath time. Cover up your eyes and drop your britches! Who wants wax?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm... I've got WAY too many projects and apparently not enough time... or maybe motivation . The most recent things I've been working on is just finishing up my Terminator 2 pinball... got it cleaned, waxed, fixed... now I just need to play it . I've also been fixing a lot of monitors... no real reason, just because I've got a bunch of monitors laying around and I want to get them fixed before I put them in the attic (so when I need them I can pull them out and use them instead of having to fix it then ).

Getting ready to start on fixing my Radar Scope cocktail, and then probably either putting the sideart back on my Top Skater, or possibly trying to get one of my Omega Race boards fixed. That is of course assuming I don't pick something else up in the next week or two which takes my attention instead (probably will since there's an auction next weekend ).

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnbo42 View Post
    The origional "Green" Rush cabs should come apart pretty much the same way the "Rock" cabinets do. The seat side slides into the base of the other half with the bolts being accesible from the bottom of the cabinet.

Ive moved my share of these beasts around Still they have nothing on A.P.B. which for some reason weighs in at almost 500 pounds Dragging mine up some pretty steep stairs into my Apt really sucked, even with a quality dolly with belt rollers on it.
    Last edited by Candycab; 04-30-2007 at 05:44 AM.
    You can have my Neo Turfmasters when you pry it from my cold dead lifeless hands !