i stopped by a garage sale today on the way home from a morning appointment, and saw a milk crate full of gaming mags. i was kind of looking through the top few(mostly EGM), when the proprieter told me (after asking if they were worth money) that i could have them - milk crate and all - for $1.

after i arrived home with my box of 90s mags, i found several ive never heard of. i only really got into gaming in 2000, and never had the money to buy systems, so wasnt really into the scene when these were out. just wondering if these are all mainstream magazines or if some are off the wall.

most are typical EGM and GamePro, but theres EGM2 (squared). was this like a bonus when buying EGM? each EGM2 seems primarily directed at a certain game, and only has that games name on the side.

P.S.X. - Playstation Experience Ive seen the official playstation magazine, but dont recall seeing this one before. its really thin, but i have the first issue! woo!

Game Players - this is issue 74, so it must have been fairly mainstream, but ive never heard of it.

In The Game: The Definitive Guide To Sports Gaming 95/96 - this is less of a mag than a promo for EA. This may have been included with something else?

NEXT Generation. This magazine is printed like a high quality guide book. i have some of the first years worth, but i cant expect a magazine of this quality could last long. Lots of pages(208), and retailed at $4.99

Video Games - theres a few of these, seems a ridiculously generic title.

Gamefan - apparently ran 3 years or more, and i think ive seen this one for sale in the past, but dont recall exactly. i expect this is the most common among the anomolies.

FLUX - this is a gaming and comic book magazine, seems mostly directed to games though.

PS*X - Not the same as the above P.S.X. magazine, this is 'The Players Monthly Guide To Sony's Playstation. first issue...

Ultimate Gamer - has US, Canada and UK pricing on the front.

and finally S.W.A.T.PRO - i have one issue, not labeled as the issue or volume number.

the coolest thing about these is most are from the pre- playstation days so have lots of launch title coverage, and several are asking what the delay in the ULTRA 64 is! My main focus is on this era, and theres a lot of RPG coverage for the SNES, and reviews of 3DO and Saturn games. My favorite aspect? Virtual boy screen shots and reviews, unreleased games that are hyped(rock and roll racing 2, anyone?) and ads for the Sega Channel!