Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
I'm boggled as to the fact no one has pointed out that Coleco made a device that plays Sega Master System games - yet they probably could've designed a better ColecoVision handheld that includes every CV game ever made, and still keep it under $50.
But they didn't design it; they rather licensed something made in Asia from well-known specs. It certainly can't be too hard to design a portable Coleco, but then you'd have to pay for not only the hardware redesign but also the PCB layout - and why do that when you can just license something on the cheap? If you play your cards right, you can find some fly-by-night company and give them a pittance for their formerly illegal activities

Quote Originally Posted by Sweater Fish Deluxe View Post
The gloptop is probably just the SMS-on-a-chip architecture. The games are most likely stored on the chip on the back side of the PCB, i.e. the one that's covered by a sticker in the first two shots and is too blurry to make out a part number in the third shot, but which is almost certainly a flash memory chip.
You can click the pictures to make them bigger - the label says "OP101-COLECO" on the top line, then "-N?? 0608C*" or something. It does look like a flash memory chip, but you'll have a hell of a time desoldering it...

Anyway, to the product in question, I say NO, even if it is well built. *goes to play some Aleste or Alex Kidd in Shinobi World*