I'm Alex, 30 years old, from Germany. I work at the stadium of the 1st. FC. Köln. I started gaming when I was 4 years old, thanks to the Atari 2600 and the Intellevision. But it wasn't until I got a NES that video gaming became my drug of choice. Being a kid though, I pretty much lost, gave away, sold, or destroyed anything I ever owned, including my games and systems.

Even though I'm German, I live in Germany since 1998. I lived most of my life in South and North America. I'm sure you people know how illiterate the average European is regarding classic gaming. It's not our fault really, as game companies have treated Europe like a bastard child until today. Final Fantasy VII was the first FF experience this continent ever had! No Chrono Trigger and Lord knows what else. It seems all the great games on the NES or SNES pretty much overflew Europe. On the other hand, lots of Donald Duck & friends or the Smurfs, part 14. I really started missing American gaming at that point!

I joined eBay in 2001. While exploring the new platform, I saw an auction for Final Fantasy III (US). I found out that the same person was selling Final Fantasy II (US) and Chrono Trigger. All three games in near mint condition. While I knew shipping was going to be a bitch, I couldn't past that opportunity. The rest is history. I have quite a library of games and systems now, although probably not as much as some of you here. I beleive that the NES and SNES are the greatest systems of all time! Accordingly, most of my classic gaming collection is comprised of those two systems. I added a magazine collection to those two as well; Nintendo Power and stuff. Still, I also have some Game Boy goodness as well as Playstation(s) and 3DO collections as well. And then there are the tons of PC games and newer console systems.

But collecting has been frozen on its tracks much like the German army at Stalingrad! Among other things, I became father 5 months ago. I don't want to spew old clichés but it really does change everything. It's mind boggling how fast priorities shift when you hold your first born child in your hands. Anyways, I wish to sell my video game collection and, while searching for retro gamers, I found this website.

I never thought I would sell the things I have so I never made a list. At he moment, I'm making said list plus taking pictures of all I have in order to better sell the stuff. I hope that joining this community will be helpful in the short to medium term. I would be very grateful for hints, pointers, tips, and tricks. My goal is to have sold everything within the next 12 months, as long as I get good prices.