I just searched and I didn't see a good Quest for Glory thread for quite some time.

I've recently been getting back into the series as I haven't played them since the mid 90's. Of course I have my favorites, those being the 4 and the re-make of 1, but I want to be able to play through them all again. Not only that, I want to be able to run through all 4 in order, carrying my character all along the way as I love that feature. My favorite types of characters to make (outside of Paladin) were hybrid thief-magic user or magic user-thief. So far I have found copies of 1 and 4. Since they are relatively simple point-and-click interfaces, the gameplay has aged pretty well IMO. I still love the sound (the music from 4 really sticks in your head) and the graphics were, for the most part, well drawn EGA or VGA. They run very well in dosbox, even on a mac, if you don't have a machine old enough to run them natively anymore.

I used to have the Collection series cd that had 1-4 but I made the fatal mistake of lending it out to someone; now it's gone. After getting the bug to try and play them again, I looked for them on ebay, and my jaw dropped. I paid $20 for the collection when I bought it back in the late 90's, and now just the cd of the collection or the anthology will run you a minimum of like $75-80. I got even more upset when I saw Vivendi (Sierra no longer exists) re-release the King's Quest, Police Quest and Space Quest collections, but not Quest for Glory. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep hunting until I find a decent price for it, unless some benevolent soul wishes to part with it for a much lower price.

Who else around here is a QFG fan?