Hey all --

One of the best aspects of video games to me is atmosphere, both graphically and otherwise. With that in mind, I think many would agree that some of our best experiences in games involved dungeon-crawling, and I wanted to get feedback on what you think the best dungeones in gaming history are? I've heard the ice dungeon from Zelda: Phantom Hourglass tossed around as a great from time to time. I've even heard old-school hack and slash RPG players mention specific dungeons from Eye of the Beholder 1,2, or 3 mentioned. Who that has played any of the Dungeon Explorer games can forget some of those excellent dungeons? Ideally, these would be from RPG, action-RPG, hack and slash (Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder), or high RPG games, but any suggestions are welcome.

With that, I'd like to toss out the last, very loooong tower dungeon that took up the 2nd half of the original Y's (Ancient Y's Vanished). Epic dungeon with both inside and outside sections which had several challenging bosses and, of course, the final confrontation with Dark Fact.