Since I started playing Stranglehold (collector's edition, if it matters), I've been getting this strange static noise. I think loud noises trigger it, but I'm not entirely sure. I think it's also possible to play until it goes away, but I have only cared to grin and bear it to see that happen once.

I'm using Mad Catz/Gamestop component cables on my TV's stock speakers. First mistake? Maybe, but the cables haven't been giving me problems with other games. I played through Time Crisis 4 last night. That game has an equal amount of loud gunfire and stuff blowing up, and I didn't get any static with that game. I also tried swapping cables while the system was still on and giving me static issues. Even after I swap to the stock composite cables, the static stays. So, it seems like it's the PS3's fault.

I have found one person on another forum who thinks this may be a firmware issue. Battlefield Bad Company gives him the same problems after he installed the latest firmware. I have experienced no audio static in the past, and neither has he. I have also researched old forum posts on google, and I found a significant amount of people who had a similar problem. Some of them chalked it up to the ground loop issue (which I have already taken care of), and others consider it bad audio encoding. The audio is taken to the distorted range at the source, and that's why it's breaking up.

I'm using a 60gig console, and its warranty is going to run out very soon, so if anybody has any input, please don't hesitate to post! I'm going to take my PS3 to a different TV on Thursday and use the stock composite cables and see what happens when I play Stranglehold. At least that way I'll be able to rule out the PS3.