Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
A long search finally ended yesterday. While most kids that had them cut their teeth on Commodores, TRS-80s and the like, I spent my computing time back then in front of a Tomy Tutor. (and of course Apple II's in school) I've always loved the Tomy Tutor especially for the games on the platform. However I've also always been unable to expand my collection beyond the three cartridges I've had since all those years ago. You never find this stuff in the wild, it just doesn't happen. So longer story short, a big lot was up for auction and it turns out it was a DP member selling off most of their stuff before moving.

With only ten games for the system released in the USA you'd think I would have acquired more by now. With the arrival of this package, I now have the entire USA cartridge library, as every game released was included in the package. It only took 25 years.

Tomy Tutor computer
Tomy Tutor Joy Controllers
Tomy Tutor - Car-azy Racer (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Cave Crawlers (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Deep Six (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Hyperspace (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Jungler (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Loco-Motion (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Pooyan (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Scramble (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Torpedo Terror (loose)
Tomy Tutor - Traffic Jam (loose)

Works great and I spent most of last night playing the games, nice that it has native composite video and audio output - or the good old RF. The computer, Joy Controllers, Jungler, Loco-Motion and Traffic Jam cartridges are all duplicates so I'll more than likely be putting them up for sale here as a lot soon. (or for trade for Japanese Pyuuta stuff)

Now that I have them all I can continue to expand my Tomy Tutor column at RTM. Honestly I felt like a kid in a candy store when I was unpacking the cartridges - awesome to finally have them all.
Damn, dude! That's a hell of a sweet buy! I've always wanted a Tomy Tutor, but I've never seen one in person before. I only found one game back in the day, at some home computer store in 1984 or 1985 that was clearancing out their dead stock. I wanted to buy it because I thought it was a TI-99/4A game, and the sales guy who was watching me rummage through their junk box said, "Wow, you have a Tomy Tutor?" I put the game down, disappointed that I couldn't play Scramble on my TI Home Computer. Then years later, researching the Tutor online showed it to be strangely related to the TI-99/4A, since techology-wise it was pretty similar to TI's cancelled TI-99/8 computer. I've always wanted to get my hands on one, but since I don't do eBay, it's pretty much impossible.

You have got to put some gameplay videos up on YouTube!

All I found today was Hotel Mario, Mad Dog McCree, and International Tennis Open for the Philips CD-i, $1.19 each. I also picked up a lighted USB printer cable for $5.19.