It's the final boss of the game! Get ready! All the skills you have accquired throughout the game will be greatly tested by this last and forboding menace standing before you. The enemy is very strong and has every angle of your strategy covered. To be victorious, you'll need to be calm, quick, and daring. This is it... the last and most treacherous challenge of the game. Be vigilant!

"What the hell? Is that all? I thought this guy was going to challenge me! What a gyp. Shouldn't this guy be the boss of the second stage or something?! That was almost too easy!"

Anyone else get geared up for your first time against an end boss only to slaughter them effortlessly? I've played many a game where the end boss was no more of a challenge than a sub-boss.

Task Force Harrier Ex comes to mind. I had more of a challenge facing off with the level 4 boss than the final boss on level 12. The level 4 boss (nuclear flame throwing tank) was much smaller, slower, and less agile than the level 12 boss (supersonic stealth bomber), yet it challenged me twice as hard. Very upsetting.

What games did you play for the first time where the end boss took you no more than a couple of tries?