Ok, you may have seen the thread converting an MVS-1 to an MVS-4... that was mine for a specific question. This thread is going to be more for the progress I make as I restore the cabinet to it's full glory of beauty.

First, the cab is not an original Neo, but I really dig the lines of it and it's size. It fits most places and does not take up a huge chuck of real estate.

It has a redone harness inside and the board is an MV-1C with stereo. The cabinet has 2 speakers in the upper portion under the marquee and a single speaker above the coin door. This is handy if I ever put a mono only board in the cab.

First things I plan on doing is pulling all of the electronics out of the cab and painting it. A good freind of mine paints cars for fun so he has all of the gear to do it and some experience. We are going to paint the sides red like an original NEO CAB, then get an overlay to paint on the NEO-GEO side art in white. After that, a nice clear coat to protect it all. The control panel, front, and back will all be piano black.

The coin door is missing a lock and is in rough looking shape. While I am painting the cab Ill look into refurbishing the coin door or just replace it if it's too nasty get nice enough to go back in.

The wiring is all nice on the inside, so other than putting some mesh sleeving all over it to keep it streamlined and nice, there is no work planned for that.

The Control Panel is going to get yanked, sand blasted and powder coated. A new overlay will be purcahsed and put on so it retains the NEO look.

Last but not least, all of the T-moulding will be replaced since it looks terrible and I plan on doing that part last!

Pictures: