Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Snes NTSC RGB - image/sync issue with bright whites

I got bit by the RGB bug and went about buying all the shit I needed to set up my snes, genesis and sega saturn for rgb output. I have some minor issues though, and I am trying to figure out where the problem is exactly.

My setup-
    US NTSC SNES, Genesis, Saturn
    3rd party RGB SCART cables - Saturn and SNES bought from electric quarter, sega model two bought from pcenginesales on ebay.
    RGB->YUV Transcoder - cvs 287, bought from ebay. Looks like a knockoff of the csy 2100
    Component cable - monoprice rg6 component (quality stuff) - also tested with cheap phillips cable from walmart

On the snes, I get this image tear on really bright white screens. This is from contra III, the Konami logo and the intro with the big explosion

I also checked on super metroid - does it during the first large explosion while you are doing crystal flash.

This happens only on my LCD (Sharp aquos 32 inch LC-32E67U) - I ran upstairs and tested on the component input of my older magnavox 27 inch crt, and it was fine.

So, is this solely a problem with my tv? I dont have this problem with the component out of my wii emulating contra III or any other game with the konami logo. I've tried with the official snes AC Adapter and with a third party one, and two different snes's. I'm using an ac adapter from sprint for the transcoder - it matches the voltage/amp requirements and worked well for another user on a different forum (i also tried one from radioshack, same problem). Is there something I could adjust in the transcoder that could solve this? I know it has several variable resistors in there and from what I've read you can adjust three of the five for R, G, B color balance.
    Last edited by Zapf; 03-23-2010 at 09:21 PM.