Quote Originally Posted by pato View Post
I agree with the following games mentioned:

Ranger-X
Shadow Dancer
Strider
Batman & Robin
Sunset Riders

All brill games worth adding to your colection. Here are my games that I enjoy and are mostly exclusive to the Genesis library:

Alien 3: Different game from the SNES. I liked the atmoshpere in the game. It does mix action with exploration of the level. You basically go around saving prisoners while blasting the Aliens. When you do rescue all the prisoners, you must find the exit to the level. All of this within a time limit.

Alisia Dragoon: IMHO, an overlooked platformer/shooter. Fun game. I really enjoyed the art style and the music was quite good for the Genesis. The only thing problem being that it is a little more difficult to find as I don't believe it sold very well when first released.

Rambo 3: I'll say that it is a short game, but I enjoyed playing it. It mixes ups play styles a bit. Essentially you go around blowing stuff up and saving prisoners and such.

Dick Tracy: A side-scrolling Shooter. You can use your fist, gun or even a tommy gun to take out enemies in the background. Some people like this one, some people don't. I enjoyed it so I will say, check it out

Rolling Thunder Part 2 & 3: Part 2 was ported from the arcade and is a quite faithful to it's arcade counterpart. Part 3 was exclusive to the Genesis. A good run and gun series worth checking out.

Arcade ports with checking out:

Mercs: You can get this game on the Capcom Collection pack on the PS2 and Xbox. However, it does contain an "Orginal mode" exclusive to the Genesis version. Basically it is a whole new game. During the course of the game, you can save prisoners and then later choose to use them on the fly. So if you want to use the flamethrower guy, just pause the game and make the switch.

Two Crude Dudes: Arcade port made by the same people that made Bad Dudes (Data East). Only I thought this was better. Not only can you punch, kick and grab your adversaries, you can also pick up tons of different weapons and lots of parts of the environment to throw at them too.

Midnight Resistence: Run and Gun game made also by Data East (Arcade port). Basically like Contra.

Crackdown: Another good arcade port. It's a top view action game where you go around shooting things and difusing bombs within a time limit. The graphics are small, but I think this is good game worth checking out.

Worth mentioning, check out the Splatterhouse series on the Genesis (Parts 2 & 3). Part 3 is more like Final Fight with mulitple paths to get to the bosses. Also, if you liked Rocket Knight, check out it's sequel Sparkster.

Edit: Forgot to add ESWAT. It is based off of an older Sega Arcade game. However, this is an entirely different game. It is short though. You start out as a simple cop in uniform and then after completing the first 2 levels you put on a cool Robocop like suit in which you can pick up some more powerful weapons to blast the baddies. You can even hover around for a bit with your special suit. The last level in particular you must use this mechanic to make it to the end boss.
I'm going to look at all the games you posted like the first levels and say what I think:

Alien 3
looks ok but looks frustrating, but it could be because the person I watched play it sucks though.

Alisia Dragoon
Also looks ok looks to be similar to Mystic Defender but with better graphics and Dragons! with a lead Character that is female.

Rambo 3
No don't look like ill like it, I hate top down shooters.

Dick Tracy
This looks ok, not as good as Alien 3 or Alisia Dragoon though mainly because it looks like Dick moves to slow and the lack of platforming.

Rolling Thunder 2
Looks to be decent though the lack of serious platforming though makes it lose points.

Rolling Thunder 3
Is obviously Similar to Rolling Thunder 3 but lacks that serious platforming that I like I mean like pit falls and spikes.

Mercs
Don't like the top down.

Two Crude Dudes
Beat'em up not a shooter, but i also like beat'em ups or looks ok.

Midnight Resistance
Looks really good.

Crackdown
Sorry again i dont like the top down view.

Splatterhouse games
They look interesting but I dont know about them.

Sparkster
Looks good.

ESWAT
also looks good.