I'm thinking of getting an SG-1000, or SG-1000 Mark II. What's putting me off is that I'm not sure it would be compatible with the TVs I have access to. I currently live in England and have an LCD TV (my PAL Atari 7800's RF connection doesn't work with this, the TV never finds the signal) and a CRT from around 1998. I know that American TVs have slightly different RF slots - the RF cable that comes with a US SNES doesn't fit into a UK TV. I presume the Japanese RF cable used with an SG-1000 would fit an American TV.

So here are my questions. Would it be possible to get an SG-1000 working on an English TV (any British owners here)? If so, what would be needed? I plan on being in Canada for the next few months; would it just be plug and play on a Canadian TV or is some modding/converting necessary? I've seen another thread that mentioned using channels in the 90s, but there was something about a "manual switchbox"? Are RF cables for other American Sega systems compatible? Should I just wait until I'm back in England? Need some advice please.