I am presently in the "no really, I'm going to do this" phase of building arcade controls for my PC. I have been over to BYOAC, and now I am at the point where opinions play a big role. I was hoping to squeeze this in under $100, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I have decisions to make, and I would like to get your input.

1) After poking around a bunch, it seems that the best stick for less than $30 ea. is the Sanwa JLW series. The intent was to play classics, and Pac Man just doesn't feel right with a Happ Super. I still would like to have 8 way capability for fighters or shooters.

2) I-Pac vs. gamepad hack. I-Pac is upwards if $40, but gamepads can be had for less than $10. I am a competent solderer, so the work of hacking doesn't bother me at all. I like the I-Pac for it's programability and shift-key functions, but I get the feeling I could snag 2 pads and a hub for $20 or so, which would cover all of my inputs and then some.

I suppose it just comes down to picking a solution and sticking with it. Your input is greatly appreciated.