I haven't been able to find a discussion dedicated to this topic on Digital Press, so let's get to talks: do people who have stronger imaginations enjoy classic games more than those that do not? Let's admit it, the graphics and sounds (or lack thereof) of early games do require some imagination to connect them to the subject they are supposed to be about. After all, Pong is just a white square moving among some lines unless you use your imagination. Yet still, you don't have to imagine the "correct subject" - Pong could be about something entirely besides tennis, like two weapons defense systems trying to prevent bombs from entering their respective countries.

Can people with little or weak imaginations enjoy games? Of course they can as games are games and people are "programmed" to play for entertainment and learning. But the question is not a boolean "Can they be played?" but rather, "Do the more imaginative among us enjoy these games to a greater extent?" and, "Do they have a higher tolerance for the lower resolution of sounds and visuals in classic games?"

I believe the answer to both of those questions is yes, but I'd like to hear the opinions of others on this topic.