So I have been brainstorming an idea lately about a documentary type video I'd like to do. Documentary might be the perfect word but it's the best I can come up with for now. The subject matter is something that I think hasn't really been covered before, and it's something kind of unconventional, but that's the kind of angle I'm going for. The whole thing is going to be about the double jump.

Now I know most of you are probably thinking, "Why would you make a documentary about double jumping? That sucks. You suck." Well, yes that's all most likely true, but I think it will be a fun little project. It's not meant to be taken too seriously. It also probably won't be anywhere near feature length so don't think I'm talking about hour's worth of video here.

Anyway, my thinking is that I would go over the history of double jumping in games, early games that did it, etc etc, the variations on the double jump (hovering, whether you can course correct or not, etc), and what effect the mechanic has on gameplay/difficulty. Then spice it up with opinions/anecdotes from gamers like you (yes, you!) and maybe even a montage!

I know it's kind of a silly idea, but that's ok with me. Silly works. So my question to the DP community is this. What would you like to see in a documentary of this style? Do you have any anecdotes, memories, or information you would like to share? If I enjoy doing this one and if it turns out well I'll probably do a few more on different gaming concepts or mechanics or what have you.