Hey, I really love super Nintendo games, so much so that I can't even use the ROMs anymore, I just enjoy the actual console too much.

I recently bought a copy of Super Mario RPG from ebay. When it got here, it did not work right away when I put it in the console. I switched it on and off about fifty times and finally it started working.
Since then, every time I want to play the game I have to obsessively flip the switch over and over until the intro screen shows up, otherwise its just a black screen. Once it starts, it works great. Never glitches, and keeps all my saves. There's never any guarantee that it will work, and every time I try I worry this is the time that it stops forever. I feel like its getting harder, and I was wondering if this is a known problem and if maybe there's an easy fix.

I have tried other games in the console and they work fine, I have also tried the game in a different Snes, same problem. So I'm sure its the game

The only odd thing I've noticed about the game is that on the bottom of the cartridge a metal prong is missing, could that have anything to do with it?