So, there is always the ever-long debate about when systems can be considered "retro" and what counts as being "old school" within the gaming community so I figured I'd start a thread to see what the members of this community recognize as retro. With that said, when do you guys think "retro" gaming ended or what generation of systems would you say was the last to be considered classic gaming systems? For me, I'd say the golden age of gaming ended with the PS1/N64 because that's when current day gaming went from being fun and accessible to being flashy and over the top with realism. The Playstation and N64 produced some classic games that people still remember fondly and play to this day, it seems like the PS2, XboX, and GC came along and took the fun out of gaming and decided to "jump the shark" so to speak with how games were produced and marketed.

It seems like video game ad's are no longer what they used to be whether it be in print or on television and it seems like people aren't going to look back and remember the past 10 years of gaming as a fantastic era when compared to the previous generations. But yeah, for me I'd say classic gaming ended with the PS1/N64 and even though some of today's games are fun and easy to get into it just seems like as a whole gaming will never have that "feeling" that it once had back in the day.