Personally, the NES is the greatest video gaming console I've ever played. The ammount of hours logged playing classic games and having friends over to tackle 2-player games together could never be touched, and some of the awesome memories I've had over the years will stay with me until I'm loopy in a old folks home. Think about all the classics that you would stay up late playing, the Mario series, the Zelda series, Castlevania, Metroid, TMNT II, Punch Out, the Ninja Gaiden's, Tetris, Dragon Warrior, and other amazing titles, there is just too damn many to list! At my peak back when I had my original NES (1988-1993) I had about 25 games, but then I purchased a used NES in 1995 from Funcoland and ended up with a massive game collection I've put together over the years that's reached 120 total games. I don't play it regularly like I used to of course, but visit it a few times a year and I make sure that I have a "NES-A-THON" at least once a year where I fire up all my NES games over the course of a weekend, so I stay in touch with it quite a bit.

It's funny, I got rid of my NES back in late 1993 and then bought another one in mid 1995 and even though it was only 2 years it seemed like it had been a lifetime between ownership and my experience was quite amazing in 1995 as I got re-aquainted with it. Actually, I've build some amazing memories between 1995-1996 with the NES that rival some of my memories I've made with it between 1988-1993 thanks to me playing the darn thing multiple hours a day. That year was amazing, I still have the machine and play it every now and again but there was something about that 1995-1996 time frame that was simply amazing for me.

So, let's discuss the greatness that was the NES and the memories and favorite games you've had with this amazing system. This will be the first of many system threads I plan to create over the next several months, I want to help bring classic gaming into the public eye once again to help people remember their roots and to remember what true video gaming fun was.