I have Firepower 2000 for my Super Nintendo and all the reviews I've read on it say it's mediocre and I strongly disagree. First of all it's one of the very few shmups on the SNES. With such a small library of shmups released on the SNES, you don't have much to choose from and this is your best bet for fun. Second, it is 2 player simultaneous action, which is always great for shmups, especially when one player gets to be a tank and one gets to be a helicopter! Third, the power up system is awesome with 3 different special attacks and 5 (at least) different main power ups, that can each be leveled up to level 7, at which point the weapon becomes INSANELY AWESOME! Fourth, the difficulty curve in this game is great. It is easy to introduce to an ok gamer, but not before long does it turn into an intense shmup filled with gunfire. Fifth, the boss battles are crazy! Sixth, it's arcade style feel makes it perfect for use with arcade joypads such as the Super Advantage. Finally my seventh and final point, it's DIRT CHEAP!!! I picked mine up for 4 bucks at a classic video game specialty store. So if you have a Super Nintendo, and don't yet have this game, then by all means get it!