I know the title of this thread sounds crazy, but it's true. The 3DO is my second favorite gaming machine ever. I remember the day I got one, in April of 1996 my dad had won a scratch ticket and gave me $250 to do whatever I wanted with so me and my friend (R.I.P) went to FUNCOLAND and planned on buying a crap ton of NES and SNES games with it. Instead we saw a small section for 3DO games and some of them looked really cool so we checked on how much the system was on those old school news paper FUNCOLAND price sheets and it was $160 at the time so we bought the Panasonic system (the big one) and a CD cleaning system by a company called Recaton. We also picked out AD&D Slayer and Myst as the first two games, both were $15 each at the time. When we got home we played Myst first, and after like 3 hours of trying to figure out where we were and what the game was about we tossed in Slayer and got completely engrossed in the dungeon crawling aspect of the game. Seriously, it was so much fun! We literally played Slayer all night and even just let the game run to listen to the music for a bit, it was that freakin' awesome, and with time Slayer went on to become my #1 favorite game of all-time and Myst cracked my top 20.

Other games would come. Eventually we bought Theme Park, Mazer, Hell, AD&D Deathkeep, DOOM, Escape From Monster Manor, Burning Soldier, Lucinnes Quest, Gex, Samurai Showdown, Super Street Fighter 2, Slam n' Jam 95, Ballz: The Directors Cut, Captain Quasar, Off-World Interceptor, Alone in the Dark 1 and 2, Sewer Shark, and so many other games I can't even think right now. We had so much fun staying up all night playing these games and many would go on to become some of my all-time favorites, the 3DO became such an important piece of my gaming history that I loved it more than my SNES, Genesis, Playstation and other systems that were big at the time, I was completely in love with it and played it all the time and forged some great memories with my friend who had recently passed away.

Anyone here love the 3DO, too? If so, what games and what kinds of memories did you gain during your time with the system? Let's discuss!