I've been thinking for quite some time, classic gaming doesn't feel what it used to be. I started back in 2001 to become interested in this hobby, and 2002-2008 were the best years if you were a classic gamer, imo. Prices were a lot lower, there were lots of discussions and every message board was very busy (Gamefaqs console boards were great, I remember fondly the Nes board). Emulation helped a lot of people discover games they didn't try in its infancy, and the magic was still there.

Of course, some of you might think I've just gotten older and I'm ranting like an old man in his backyard how 50's were a better time. But you only have to look at classic gaming actual state: Prices have skyrocketed for almost every system (Snes prices are just stupid), and getting games is harder and more expensive as time passes. A lot of the older web pages about classic systems have dissappeared, never having been replaced by more modern ones; the few that remain have a lot less posts than a few years ago. Individual boards for games older than 2000 are dead. I know there's just so much you can discuss about old games, but still, with the resurgence of Classic gaming thanks to Virtual Consoles and such, there should be a whole new lot of people interested in it.

Life goes on, I guess, but it's sad to see that Classic Gaming will never be the same.

Do you think I'm exageratting, or not?