Recently I grabbed a Dreamcast, which meant I had to get Crazy Taxi. I love Crazy Taxi. I own it for the PS2 and the Gamecube and I merrily feed quarters to any stray arcade cab I stumble across. Why I haven't grabbed a Dreamcast along with the definitive port sooner mystifies me, but I digress. I use to play Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast almost daily for weeks on end with my roommate when the system was new, so the Dreamcast's controller was what I was accustomed to apart from the arcade's wheel, pedal, and gear shifter. Over ten years have gone by since I played the game on the Dreamcast, and I have made use of my PS2 port and now most recently my newly acquired Gamecube version. Both are fine, though I always thought they felt just a tad off in the control department. Now that I once again have the joy of playing the Dreamcast version once again I can confirm that my memory was right on. My hands just melt in to the Dreamcast controller when I play the game, and if I had to assign a near arbitrary number to the performance difference, I'd say I play 20% better with the Dreamcast game. The pressure sensitive triggers and their near perfect placement on the controller might be what makes all the difference, but I'm not sure.

Do any other Crazy Taxi lovers swear by the Dreamcast version, too? The difference, while not night and day, is noticeable to me. I'm just curious if it's all in my head or not.

Any comments about this great game are welcome and encouraged. As much as I'd like to hear your experiences with the game's ports, any memories or thoughts on Crazy Taxi are more than welcome.

Thanks!