Ok, hear me out on this...

I know from a technical standpoint that the 32X could produce way more color than the Sega Genesis, but I'm not talking about statistics on paper. I'm talking about actual reality. I honestly don't see any more color on 32X games than Genesis games. At least, not enough to be obvious. I play all these systems on RGB monitors, and the Super Nintendo and TurboGrafx-16 seem more colorful to me than the 32X.

Not that 32X games look horrible or anything like that, but they just look like any other Genesis game to me, from a standpoint of color. I think the 32X had a palette of over 32,000 colors to choose from, but I'm not sure how many it could put on the screen at the same time. I know the Genesis could only put 64 colors on the screen at the same time, and it was a huge limiting factor for the Genesis, despite great looking games like Gunstar Heroes that seemed to have tons of color.

Maybe I'm on my own island with this, and everybody thinks the 32X is just as colorful as SNES, if not more so. I know the original 32X marketing would try to insinuate that, but I'm just not sure that it was ever actual reality.