Thread: How are you feeling about the Wii U future

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't think they'd announce it that early if they were releasing it in the Fall of 2016, a date that I also subscribe to. I'd expect a spring 2016 announcement and perhaps even a return to the old days with a full fledged E3 presentation a few weeks later, along the lines of the timetable both Microsoft and Sony used year for their new systems.

I don't see what they'd gain announcing it next summer well over a year in advance of release. Wii U, 3DS, and Nintendo's balance sheet need all the help they can get and all that would do is encourage folks to wait and see instead of doing things like purchasing Wii U's, Zelda U, and so on. Plus, they need to give the Wii U some semblance of a normal lifespan to not annoy their diehard customers that did support them this generation, which also supports holding off on the announcement (Wii U will only be about two and a half next summer).

And since it's relevant to this thread, I just read that Call of Duty 2015 won't release on the Wii U. Not unexpected, but still unfortunate since Activision was one of the better supporters for Nintendo in recent years. Other than Modern Warfare 2 missing the Wii (Wii belatedly got Call of Duty 4 that Fall in its place), this huge franchise has been there on the Wii and now the Wii U since the start.

I wouldn't of bought it here (Maybe on the PS4 someday years down the road to play through the campaign), but there's no good way to spin that even for those of us that look down upon this franchise.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-21-2014 at 05:20 AM.