With my interest going back into Gameboy in the last month I started a list this evening and I was stunned just how many games I actually owned for both the GB and GBC. The GB was alive when I was in also buying mainly SNES games on an allowance, yet because so many of them were like $20-30 I could get quite a few, plus gifts too. GBC was in college when it was ticking and N64 got tanked by Sony and their system plus media tactics, so I ended up with a lot of those too, plus between both I am even able to part out which were retail and used shop buys and it's still quite a lot. If I'm counting right and I'm probably a little off GB came up to 76 games including imports. The GBC comes in at least 62 so far US/JP/EU releases. Of the GB stuff 29~ of those I bought later on, not retail in the day and for the GBC around 10 of those.

That's quite a lot of games I sunk into both fresh out of the box and years later in the upper 90s and 00s and even a few as late as just the last month with Lemmings on GBC among a few others.

Was there ever a system you were surprised how many games you racked up back in the day when things were new, not as a semi-modern to modern collector? You can list if you want, I just didn't want to put a huge thing in here but I do have it saved as a text file with stuff marked out I don't want back (dislike now, or lame duplicates like Link's Awakening GB vs GBC.)