Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
Some of the dialogue is good, which usually happens to be what they chose to voice act, the rest of the games are trash.

IF(or Iffy,) despite my not liking the company itself, is my favorite character due to her dialogue. She's actually my current PSN avatar. Yeah. Some of the worst JRPGs I've ever played and I like one of the characters so much I purchase an avatar of her.
I only agree so far as to the very first Hyperdimenion Neptunia is concerned. That game was terribly executed and as you say, "trash". The others in the series aren't. MKII was a massive step forward and Victory was about as good of a game as the genre can possibly allow for. All three Re;Birth games on Vita reexamine the PS3 works and add slight tweaks to make them better for portable play, and the spinoff games target more niche genres than the mainline RPGs. Producing Perfection was a game that I don't think the vast majority of western review outlets were at all qualified to review. If you read them, it's clear those people have no experience with idol management games, and when you add the moe and the Hyperdimenion Neptunia specific jokes, it was just something reviewers didn't get. PP is the weakest of the modern games, but it's still not "trash". Neither are the SRPG and the Dynasty Warriors-esque action game.