how hot, if at all hot should the RP2C02G-0 get in a top loader.

i finally got one and its not working, i knew it wasn't working but to me it sounded like there was some feedback during games and some static on screen BUT...

games wont boot at all, i get a random flicker of colors, rarely any pattern but nothing pertaining to the game at all and i notice when i tap around the area with the pot above the reset button it kinda changes a bit, i think i am causing it with the tapping but it could be that its flickering to different colors so rapidly it just looks like i am doing it. and the ppu gets HOT. burning hot and i have a high tolerance, change oil on cars after they have been running in the summer tolerance for touching hot objects HOT.

cart is getting a good connection, it had some plastic chunks in the cart slot i got out and made sure the pins were ok, nothing too damaged, one was a bit bent out of the way but i was able to bend it back.

i'm thinking dead PPU or dying but i thought i would double check before i went and yarded one from a broken toaster