Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
and by "Slightly Different" Daria means "looks like it was designed for the Commodore 64, and Roto's descendant clearly enjoys the buffet table more than Erdrick's, and absolutely nobody is able to face any direction other than south" (you actually have to specify a direction when you use a command like "talk" or try to open a door). Oh, and it uses passwords instead of a save battery. So I guess Swords and Serpents no longer has to feel bad about that.

One of these days I would love to do a video about the awesomeness of RPGs during the NES era. The problem is getting footage, since RPGs were never usually meant to be beaten quickly. In my case I'm slightly afraid of wasting DVD-Rs. There is one game--Legend of the Ghost Lion--that I might go ahead and record myself, though. That is truly an underappreciated gem.

....... buuuuut now we're not talking about first-person dungeon crawlers. I don't really mind, since I love 8-Bit RPGs, but I really want to crawl dungeons.

I actually bought Legend of Grimrock on GOG (I soooo keep wanting to say "me Grimrock not kisser, me Grimrock king!") but the only comp I have that might run it is this laptop. And I hate gaming on a laptop. But at least I have it for when the day comes...
Heh. I was working on a Ghost Lion video not too long ago but my footage was garbage so I put it on the back burner. Love that game.

Swords and Serpents was a game I had growing up. It's a lite-dungeon crawler, but enjoyable (and not all that long). The "zoom tube" warps get a bit aggravating at times. But it's no Wizardry.