Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
Just a reality check:

Jotun was sold out this morning after 5 Minutes (!). The second batch in the the evening sold out after a couple of minutes.

But don't worry if someone of you missed the 5-minute window. These games just don't disappear 'pouf' and are not available anymore. You can still buy Jotun already on ebay for $60 to $90. It already sold from $45 to $90. A wonderful service to gamers from a company which is dedicated to preserve digital-only games and make it easily available to all of us who have the time and money to afford them.

LR hit the nail on its head when they gave us the advice to head over to their website before we pay lots of money on ebay. LR has truly gamers and collectors in mind, no surprise, they are gamers and collectors themselves.

It is very important in this day and age to support a fledgling small company like LR which would face bankruptcy if not for this sales-model and their releases of 7 games in one month. I am very sure they would not be viable anymore like 505 games, THQ Nordic, Soedesco, Rising Star and so many others which are all doomed and hardly sell any games. I have a measly 123 games on my 'to-buy-'list from these smaller publishers which sell their games in a regular fashion, and I own already around 40 of them.

LR, however, in order to survive has to sell their games with the hype about rarity (which appeals to the collector in all of us) and ebay scalping which they considered in their marketing from the getgo.

After LR sold (...out, of course) Rive, Bard's Gold and Jotun this month already, in one week NeuroVoider and Drive! Drive! Drive! will be for sale; and one week later Plague Road and Oceanhorn will be sold. This makes 7 different games this month alone (!), 10 games for two platforms, not considering the pre-order for Lawbreakers.

Sure, you don't have to buy them all, but be aware to get the games you want from LR and not from ebay. Like a well-trained dog you should sit at your laptop at 10am Eastern Time and always be aware of the time! There is no rest for the wicked. Everyone of these numerous games are still unique and will be rare one day! It is like with us human beings: Everyone of us is an individual and unique worldwide, don't worry that this uniqueness applies to all of us individuals which makes us very common and regular editions.

I am very sure that the other small publishers look at LR with admiration. I am very sure the LR-salesmodel does not cut into their business in this niche market for gamers and collectors who all have limited budgets. If the other small publishers will truly discover their altruistic gene, however, we'll soon have hopefully more companies like Limited Run in order to serve us gamers and collectors well. We will be all one happy family getting more digital games on physical discs watching small sales-windows and enjoying ebay scalpers afterwards.

It is still up to us which games we buy and where we buy it, so no one is restrained in their freedom and restricted in their choices. It is a great service overall which outweighs small pittiful disadvantages; and if we have all these choices, who dares to be critical about the LR-salesmodel since we are not forced to buy anything? If a lot of gamers and ebay scalpers buy these games and make LR a success and ebay scalpers happy we'll soon have a number of smaller developers following in the LR-footsteps. All will be good.
For someone who claims not to support or care about LRG, you seem awfully aware of every detail of their business. Good news though, LRG's contracts are not exclusive after release, so your beloved THQ, Sodesco, 505 and Rising Star are free to approach the same developers just like Play Asia did with Soldner-X and release as many copies of each LRG release as they want. Maybe you should help them do that and invest your own time and money since you know so much about business and such.