I am considering buying a Famicom, but I have some questions I was hoping someone here could answer.

-Does the newer AV version of the Famicom support the enhanced audio in games such as Castlevania 3 (Akumajou Densetsu)? One of the primary reasons I want to get a Famicom is for the games that use extra sound chips. I heard the soundtrack for Castlevania 3 on the FC and was blown away at how much better it is than the US version. However, I definitely want AV outputs versus RF.

-Are there a lot of games on the FC with significantly better content than the US versions. I recently saw a comparison of Contra on both systems and was again blown away at how much was missing from the US version. I just don’t know how often this occurred.

-Does anyone know if Nintendo offers Famicom games for download on the 3DS Virtual Console? For example, I purchased the US version of Castlevania 3, but I have to think that Akumajou Densetsu is available for download. Maybe I would need a Japanese 3DS system? But even if I got one, I live in the US and maybe would not be able to download it. If this is not possibly, any Famicom emulators that are better than others (and easy to use)?

Thanks for any help!!